Diplomatic Corps General rank wreath bullion work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diplomatic Corps General rank wreath bullion work

I normally don't really collect insignia but when it comes to my special focus of Diplo or Government Officials items, I will make an exception.

This particular piece is especially interesting as it shows how the embroiderer ran out of one kind of thread and continued with a different one. It is not like he intentionally highlighted certain areas but just finished it with a different thread. It may have not been so noticeable 70 years ago...
    Attached Files

Next to a Diplomatic Corps rank star for equal rank that was wrapped for more than 70 years...
    Attached Files

Comment

Killer piece of insignia! I love how it toned out like that, very nice addition to your staggering collection. Matt

Comment

This must have been a real custom made item as even Ambassadors had silver insignia with their gold piped visors...
        Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful insignia, and I think it's smart that you add select insignia to your collection like this, when it's in the sweet spot of your focus.

These diplomatic eagles are sublime. They are probably the best eagles of the period, I think. Even better than my Luftwaffe cape eagles.

Awesome!

J-

P.S. I love the different bullion example. You are right...probably looked uniform 70 years ago.

Comment

That one piece of hand embroidery probably cost more than most complete hats during the period.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
              That one piece of hand embroidery probably cost more than most complete hats during the period.
              You think so? I have always wondering what a custom piece like this would have cost during the period.

I wish I could find a person that did bullion work today, I would like to get my overseas service stripes on my dress blues. Matt

Comment

hi

Hi Kurt

Just amasing

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                  I wish I could find a person that did bullion work today, I would like to get my overseas service stripes on my dress blues. Matt
                  http://www.handembroidery.com/

Comment

Great to see the padding behind there. Very nice looking piece!

Comment

insignia

The non-bullion cockade looks out of place to me. Any indication vom hinten that it was simply added on? Needs more bullion!

Comment

The cockade is added but there's no bullion there unfortunately... Kurt

Comment

Kurt -

Some very hard to find pieces you are adding to your very specialized collection. Love that unissued coat sleeve diplo star as well as the brocade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X