No announcement yet.

Opinions on WSS visor cap.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, bad Deschler style skull ... late war zinc Assmann 3 pin eagle as found on the Alteste fakes.

Ian

Comment

tk looks cast copy, good in front but i bet weak on back and sides.
      visor is good but i see in the lining, original too, some signs of managing... for example in a picture there is a fold sign but not the fold.

Comment

The total infatuation with all skull and eagle like things have totally taken over the hobby to the extent that the hats themselves seem to be the secondary concern these days.

How bizarre!

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
          The total infatuation with all skull and eagle like things have totally taken over the hobby to the extent that the hats themselves seem to be the secondary concern these days.

How bizarre!

Ben, the obsessive pursuit of sculls has always stumped me as well--it is the reason so many of these hats are missing their original insignia.

Worse is the SS fezes we have all seen that have been stripped of their insignia so they can end up in a display case.....
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Some people just collect skulls or eagles by maker....

Comment

First of all thanks so much to everyone.....
              About skulls /eagle you have perfectly right......but I think because is the immediate and more simple particular to observe and value....
              and now...what about the cap itself?
              Thank again to everyone
              Giorgio

Comment

The hat itself is authentic IMO, I see no reason to doubt it.

Comment

I like the hat a lot, wish it was mine. J

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                    I like the hat a lot, wish it was mine. J
                    Me too

Comment

cap it self look nice. Have owned and seen this type several times, and it is as real deal 100% wartime ss cap. Long hairy velvet and CW kleiderkasse, same as the one you had Benvk, remember?
                      The construction and thread details is to be carefully study in hand, but i see no direct scary fault with it by pics. even with some different threads. Coul have been repairs, but i dont think franky at all..
                      Insignia i dont trust to be real deal. Value i guess is around 6000.-€
                      Cool cap with combat look, i would very much like to own.
                      Cheers
                      Gisle

Comment

A lovely and very desirable visor hat.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Comment

The threads next to the blank hole could have possibly held on some sort of badge or something that was added to the cap.....or even other side-buttons for the cap cord?
                            Any sign of anything being on the outside of the cap where the threads and hole are?

Brett

Comment

Thanks to everyone for opinions.....

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                              The threads next to the blank hole could have possibly held on some sort of badge or something that was added to the cap.....or even other side-buttons for the cap cord?
                              Any sign of anything being on the outside of the cap where the threads and hole are?
                              Brett
                              No, no signs outside....I really don't know about.....
                              All my best
                              Giorgio

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post

How bizarre!
                                I agree Ben. I must also confess that I have no idea, outside of patently obvious fakes, what constitutes a "good" set of SS cap insignia.
                                The fact the the insignia alone go for over $1,000 or so is mind-boggling to me.
                                Just a bloody minefield, and all because of that damn totenkopf !

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X