Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproduction Reichsleitung Visor

Hi all together,

first of all please forgive me that i post a reproduction visor.

the reason is simple, my 1st love (aside my daughter and wife which really comes 1st at all) is a 74 Mako Shark Corvette.

So sayd, you can't have two expensive hobbys in life.
    That's why i have to stick with reproductions.

But i do love since childhood also all those stricking german uniforms.
    This manifested 1st in collecting and painting all kind of 1/35 scale figures, than went on to 1/6 scale figures.
    And finally i arrive by the 1:1 reproductions.

I have allready some asortment of uniforms and headgear.
    but i loved all the time most the Party uniforms.
    Ask me why, i don't know. Maybe it's the color combination.

Anyway, this year i searched a lot for a real nice Reichsleitung repro visor.
    There aren't to many who produce them and those i found was looking pretty ugly.

So i asked the german company Stephan if they would make me one specific in Erel- quality and style. They sayd no problem but i would have to wait 2 - 3 weeks, cost 65 euros. No big whoopy to wait for something nice. As i allready knew from other caps they made for me.

Last week the cap and a party whreath arrived. I was pretty pleased with it.
    Then the kokade and the eagle from a japanese supplier came in.
    Well, the eagle specially didn't please me at all.
    Luckily Kurt from this forum understood my problem and sold me a nice eagle.

The basic goal is to make a nice Party grouping, which a uniform made in china will compliment.
    That uniform comes allmost plane, but looks very accurate.
    I just have to compliment it with collar piping, armband and the collar tabs and a few ribbons.

SO WHY DO I WRITE ALL THAT ?
    I honestly ask you as profesionists, DOES MY REPRO VISOR LOOK JUST A BIT CREDIBLE ?

Please be honest, tell me what needs to be changed.

As you see in the picture from inside, this cap can be at any time identified as a repro. It isn't and will never be my intention to change that.

The armband i purchased in italy from Historical_militaria as a Hauptstellenleiter armband of Kreis level. I then cut off the white piping and replaced it with Reichs-piping.
    The metal collar insignia i purchased in germany from Stephan.
    Did made a collar base out of cardboard and stiffened it with resin.
    Then applied velvet and sewed on the piping.

Thanks allready to those you tell me their opinion.

Greetings
    Robert

Actually, I think they did a good job. Here is an original that I used to own for comparison:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

2 that I still own. The one on the right is Ordensburgen, the one on the left is for the later-war Einsatz u. Dienst uniform:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another I used to own: NSDAP Osteinsatz visor (now in the legendary Bob C collection)
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I have to admit that the Japanese are doing an excellent job on their insignia. May I ask where you got them from?
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            I have to admit that the Japanese are doing an excellent job on their insignia. May I ask where you got them from?
            Stonemint,

Love your visors, they're extremelly nice and kept a extraordinary shape over the years. Unfortunatelly such visors are out of my range.

Thank you very much for all the pictures for comparison.
            What i was most concerned was the piping.
            Just told Stephan make a Reichsleitung visor in EREL and to apply cavalry piping.
            Now as i see it in comparison i'm pretty pleased it's so close to the original.

I just ordered the Eagle a Kockade and Party-uniform-buttons from the japanese supplier.
            The Kockade is looking OK and remained.
            The Eagle from there is a real crap.
            Japanese Kockade and Eagle
            The Buttons are looking really fine and will complement my Repro-grouping quite well.
            Party Buttons

The Wreath i bought together with the special made visor from Stephan in germany:
            Stephan Party wreath

And the cream on the cake of course is the original Party-eagle from Kurt.
            As it's a zinc i did remove the zinc oxid, then slightly brushed over with steelwool. Painted it in a bronze/gold and when dry wipped it with a clean cloth to age just a bit but not too much.

If somebody is interested on the collar insignia, here's the link to them.
            They just look perfect.
            Collar insignia right
            Collar insignia left

What remains is to wait till the Tunic and breeches arrive and then a bigger seewing action will follow.
            Applying the collar piping, collar tabs, party buttons (as the tunic comes with plain gold) and the armband.

Thanks for your review.
            Robert
            Last edited by Sharkey1807; 09-18-2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I think it looks nice also!

Comment

Sharkey--

There are at least 3 colors of Reichsleitung yellow piping.

Orange-yellow: Seen on some Ordensburgen and Reichslager visors.
                Golden-yellow (seen on most Form 4 visors)
                Lemon-yellow. (seen only on Ordensburgen wartime visors)

So, any of these would be correct.

Thanks for the links--they are making some very good copies.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X