Heer Infanterie NCO visor by Zapf, unissued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Infanterie NCO visor by Zapf, unissued

Well it is unissued, but it is not mint. The outside is absolutely gorgeous, nice fat white piping, not a trace of moth damage I could find. I would call this doeskin, though perhaps it could be boiled wool. The patent chinstrap shows crazing from age. Inside, there is no sign this hat was ever worn- but the fragile sweatband has aged badly and it is tattered and a chunk has come off. The sweatshield and Zapf logo are in fine condition. The eagle and wreath/cockade look to me to be original to the hat. I plan to sell this, would anyone be willing to suggest a reasonable collector sales price for this one? Any comments would be greatly appreciated, I can post more photos if needed.
    Attached Files

Too bad about that sweatband...
    Attached Files

Comment

Sweatshield and Zapf logo. Thanks for any comments.
      Attached Files

Comment

fair price in Germany or EU abaut 350 euro,dont know much how its may be in US for this visor. nice clean cap in big size!

Comment

Chris,

what a shame about the SB! I have always had a soft spot for these fat pipped caps.... Matt

Comment

Nice unissued hat--the sweatband damage is (sadly) the result of too many collectors having to look under the hood over the years.

The actual maker of the hat is the H. Schade firm, aka Kasseler Mutzenfabrik --see this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=kasseler
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X