Heer Artillerie officer visor by Krebs for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Artillerie officer visor by Krebs for opinions

I wanted to show this visor that was part of an old collection I bought. It is a nice hat but it has a couple of liabilities. Overall the condition is very good, there is one small moth hole in the rear and some very small nips and grazed spots but nothing major. The sweatband and celluloid sweat shield are mostly intact, there is a nice Bevo maker tag. The bullion wreath looks to me to be an original period application but there is some discoloration in the eagle area (visible in the photos) and I suspect there may have been a bullion eagle there at one time, perhaps glued on. I can only pull the sweatband away part of the way in the front above the visor, there is glue in there and a tiny amount of clear glue is visible where the underside of the visor meets the sweatband. I still think it is an attractive hat but I probably will be selling it, could anyone suggest a realistic collector price for this hat? Any feedback on this would be welcome and appreciated.
    Attached Files

Eagle close-up and top view
    Attached Files

Comment

Inside and maker tag
      Attached Files

Comment

Last one, underside of the visor with minor glue traces. I can post more photos if needed. Thanks for any comments.
        Attached Files

Comment

What a shame about the glue :/ Perhaps BenVK would be the guy to go to about getting the glue out... Matt

Comment

I would just leave it as is--hat is still a nice Krebs.

Krebs is a rarely-found maker, and one of the few to use a Bevo label.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X