Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe other ranks Erel visor.

Hello everyone.

I am moving from cloth SS insignia to cloth headgear since its more affordable by far and more "bang for your buck". this is a new field for me so I hope to learn a lot.

I was looking at this visor on German warbooty. Not in the greatest shape but I think it makes a nice first purchase. I trust the seller so I am not worried about the authenticity just wanted to get opinions on the price and if it worth it with the moth holes. Up for $360

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/item-h...ear%20h253.htm

Thanks a lot in advance

Not worth the money IMO ..
    There were times that there was a big difference between damaged stuff and stuff in good condition, but money has changed the world.

Jos.

Comment

I saw this cap myself. I don't believe that you will find very many Erel Luftwaffe enlisted caps; plenty of officer's of course.
      I agree that you can find good caps, with little or no mothing for not much more; perhaps as little as $500.
      If you are OK with the mothing, and perhaps could lknock the price down to $300 or so, it might be worth it.
      But, you may have difficulty selling it later on; their are plenty of LW flight caps for sale.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Your question is a tough one to answer. The cap is an Erel EM cap, as stated not to often seen. It also has early insignia, often considered a plus factor. It is also distributer marked. Is it unit marked? Early ones very often are. It the end you have to ask yourself are you looking at this cap as an investor or collector. It can help you make your decision.
        Best regards,
        John

Comment

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll let it slide for now. Although I mostly buy from a historical and collectors point of view and not really for investment it is still nice if you know selling it won't be a problem.

Thanks again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X