X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erel Crusher Cap comments anyone?

Erel Crusher Cap. comments anyone?
    Attached Files

Pics look promising from the outside. The material and shape imply it could be an Erel. Still, without under the hood shots, we won't be able to say anything for certain.

Furthermore, I'd say the assumption is not far fetched, that this one started life as an Infantry crusher... Kurt

Comment

Piping certainly looks to have been dyed, and not that well.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

here is an interior shot of my Erel Crusher

here is an interior shot of my Erel Crusher cap for your comments please
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice original Erel shame about that piping...

Comment

It looks like a former WH Crusher

Andy

Comment

Charlie, I like it. It is a 100% original Erel Crusher.

I think the piping is not re-colored, it is just blotchy from uneven fading.

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

nice cap

I like the cap also. It has character plus I have always liked the tricot material for the body of crusher caps. My plan is to list this on the Wehrmacht Awards sales table, but I wanted to get some input first. Thanks, Charlie

Comment

Nice cap!

Comment

crusher

Clearly a cap that's piping has been likely dyed with a felt-tip marker or other poor attempt at dying it. I have never seen fading anywhere near the this splotchy mess typical of felt markers. The hat looks like it was hardly used and looking at the piping in back under the crown appears (?) to show the same pattern in an area that would hardly fade.

Comment

But why does someone re-colored a former infantery piping for a less desirable (and valuable) transport branch color ??

Comment

Originally posted by alexandre View Post
                        But why does someone re-colored a former infantery piping for a less desirable (and valuable) transport branch color ??
                        Do you think it is possible the the blue was added by the original owner? I am new to this concept, so your opinion is welcome

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                          Clearly a cap that's piping has been likely dyed with a felt-tip marker or other poor attempt at dying it. I have never seen fading anywhere near the this splotchy mess typical of felt markers. The hat looks like it was hardly used and looking at the piping in back under the crown appears (?) to show the same pattern in an area that would hardly fade.
                          Could it be aging and not fading. I really don't know how to determine this though.

Comment

Originally posted by charliefass View Post
                            I like the cap also. It has character plus I have always liked the tricot material for the body of crusher caps. My plan is to list this on the Wehrmacht Awards sales table, but I wanted to get some input first. Thanks, Charlie

http://oakleafmilitaria.com/107h11.html

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                              This needs explanation. I purchased two crusher caps from Kristen Anderson (Oakleaf Militaria) some time ago. One of the caps I purchased (#1201H4) is marked as sold, but the second cap (#107H11) was never marked as being sold to me. I purchased them both together and paid for them by Paypal. This cap is mine and is not available on Oakleaf. Mr. Anderson advised me when I purchased this cap that he frequently does not mark items as being sold even though they are in fact sold. I don't know why he does this, but he does. Anyone who doubts that this cap is my legal property may contact Kristen Anderson at 815-788-9561 and he will verify that I made the purchase. Perhaps he will explain why he has not listed it as sold. I can also provide the purchase documentation if needed. I wish that you had sent me a PM, though, instead of creating possible confustion over my ownership. I intend to list this cap for sale, and unfortunately this post will create confustion for others. If anyone wants to talk to me directly regarding my ownership of this cap, feel free to email me at c.fass@surewest.net or you may call me directly at 916-771-0885
                              Correction: It has been a while, and my memory is incorrect. I believe I did not pay by Paypal, but by either a credit card or debit card. I will need to research this to determine which it was
                              Last edited by charliefass; 09-11-2013, 12:35 AM. Reason: Incorrect information

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X