No announcement yet.

Now You Can Find Out What an SS General Visor is Worth in this Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless he was 'lost' I don't think anyone would've found an SS General at Dachau.

In my opinion, any SS surrendering to either side would've been touch and go. My Dad (5th Armored Div.) related that SS were often simply shot. Panzer troops often had issues as well due to the skulls on their collars being 'interpreted' as SS insignia. Certainly the Russians shot many SS they got their hands on. Heck, the English even clubbed GFM Milch with his own baton and broke it over his head after he peaceably surrendered and was being questioned. There was nothing 'civilized' about surrender at the end - SS or otherwise. Just look at how many POWs perished in the allied camps at the end.

Were it me I would've lost my uniform and picked up a pitchfork saying I was a displaced farmer.

Comment

They processed hundreds of SS after VE day at Dachau and housed and tried them there for several years...Billbert
      and the compound had a dozen or more beautiful homes for SS officers and families if memory serves...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X