Now You Can Find Out What an SS General Visor is Worth in this Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 15parabattalion View Post
    This may be a silly question but what differentiates a SS General Cap from a standard SS Officers cap. I did not think there was a difference?

cheers Mike

Not silly at all. Officers wore white wool piping, while Generals wore silver bullion.

(the SS did use Waffenfarbe for a short while in 1940, but real ones are very rare).
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Many thanks, I did not know that! Cheers mike

Comment

Originally posted by rfleming32 View Post
        With the 18% internet premium it would be $27,140 plus shipping.
        Damn shipping cost...

Comment

IF you wanted a 1 hat collection this would be an EXCELLENT choice..Billbert

Comment

It was purchased by a major dealer.....

Comment

What dealer?

Comment

Does that mean $5000 - $10,000 will be tacked on to the price before it is offered for sale?

Comment

I would imagine a dealer of means would keep it..or have a buyer to wisk to right to that price is not a problem..It truely appears to be a GREAT item..Billbert

Comment

SS Generals Visor

I was there and saw the cap in person and it is a beauty...not quite as nice as the Hoffman cap that sold a couple years ago, but it is still a beauty!! Alex

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                      I would imagine a dealer of means would keep it..or have a buyer to wisk to right to that price is not a problem..It truely appears to be a GREAT item..Billbert
                      So it's a 100% no brainer gem, and he's keeping it; reserving the borderline, questionable, slightly defective items for his website?

Comment

Originally posted by Z19 View Post
                        I was there and saw the cap in person and it is a beauty...not quite as nice as the Hoffman cap that sold a couple years ago, but it is still a beauty!! Alex
                        Right-o, the Hoffmann hat is in a different league altogether.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have known the auctioneer for many years. He is super careful with provenance and authenticity. He seems to get top prices for the good stuff. A good guy to consign with, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post

Yes, I remember that one well--NTZ and I inspected it at one of shows some years back.

Rumor had it that it went for 50K, (but that was at the peak of the economy).
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post

Beautiful example. Even better in hand!

Comment

Originally posted by 15parabattalion View Post
                                This may be a silly question but what differentiates a SS General Cap from a standard SS Officers cap. I did not think there was a difference?

cheers Mike
                                I'm glad you asked that cause I always wondered myself was just embarassed to ask. Some other forums would have snickered as they answered, nice to see Stone answer like the gentleman he is.
                                Just a quick question about the story, if you were an SS General at Dachau, would you have waited for any enemy troops to come around to surrender to? Even the given that surrendering to American troops vs Russian troops was "better". I think I would have either been in the wind or surrendered as far from Dachau as possible?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X