Welhauser Vet/General Staff Visor Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welhauser Vet/General Staff Visor Cap

Here's a rather salty Welhauser Vet/General Staff Visor Cap worthy of restoration if someone has a nice thick bullion chin cord set and a proper sweatband. Otherwise, it's still a looker with all its wear and tear.
    Attached Files

details
    Attached Files

Comment

I can restore this one for you. Drop me a line.

Comment

Have Ben do it for you, there is none better. Its a great Alter Art cap for sure, love the saltiness of the whole cap. Matt

Comment

contacted Ben and am waiting for an estimate.

Comment

Nice looking cap! Do you have a WW marked sweatband Ben?

Comment

Ben is tops, but I would leave it be.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy C. View Post
                ... I would leave it be.

Comment

Let Ben restore it he did a fabulous job on my crusher , he waited till just the right aged sweatband was found and you would not know it had ben restored , there is a thread here somewhere about it . Rob

read it here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=crusher

Rob
                  Last edited by ROBB; 09-09-2013, 10:08 AM.
                  God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I'm in a quandary whether to restore or "leave be" and let the next guy figure it out. I do plan to sell this one so I can imagine going to the trouble of having a good restoration done only to hear the complaint that the replaced sweatband is not Welhausen marked. I think I have a thick chin cord that would match but finding the band would be challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                      I'm in a quandary whether to restore or "leave be" and let the next guy figure it out. I do plan to sell this one so I can imagine going to the trouble of having a good restoration done only to hear the complaint that the replaced sweatband is not Welhausen marked. I think I have a thick chin cord that would match but finding the band would be challenge.
                      Paul, if you are just going to sell it, leave it alone and let the next (hopefully long time final) owner decide what to do. You are really lucky the the portion of the sweatband remaining still attaches the visor, so the hat looks nice on display. If the visor were off, then I would say restore it. Or if you were going to keep it, by all means do what you want. But in this case, just sell it as is, especially now that it has been posted on the forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X