Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer M43 Opinions Please

Good afternoon,

I’d like to ask the help of the soft cap experts here in identifying whether this hat is original or not. I bought it based on the seller’s assurances it is original and with it now in hand I have some good feelings, and bad feelings about it. I looked at alot of other examples posted here on WAF and couldn't find one (good or bad) that was similar.

About 20 years ago when I collected overseas and field caps I could tell pretty well if a hat was good or bad, but with the advances in wool blending and construction details I’ve pretty much lost faith in my own gut feeling on something like this. Can you please help? If it is not good my experiment on soft caps is over and it is back to paper items for me.

Thanks for your time and opinions.

Gary
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

True color of the artificial silk is in the lower picture. It is almost like a dirty coffee color, rather than the green it appears in the other pictures.

Around the base of the lining there is about a 1 1/4" high piece of buckram/bias sewn in to reinforce the base.
      Attached Files

Comment

Buttons are dated 42. I know this doesn't mean much as everything is faked
        Attached Files

Comment

This is not the common Heer size font I like, but does it have a chance? If this is a repro I quit
          Attached Files

Comment

My gut feeling a well rendered fake
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Thank you Lenny - not what I wanted to hear, but I did kind of expect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                My gut feeling a well rendered fake
                I tend to agree...

Comment

I see a lot of things to like about it and very few to cause concerns

Comment

Thank you guys for your comments. It's now 2 to 1. Anybody else? All comments are appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X