Rarest of all Government Officials visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to bring this photo to your attention that sold through Ebay Germany last week. Unfortunately, I did not win it as I was apparently competing with some edged weapons collectors.

The visor is -- to my knowledge -- completely unreferenced & I doubt that a lot of other headgear collectors have seen this.

The portrait shows Regierungsrat Dr. Otto Marquard of Kolberg on January, 5th 1943. He was the leader of the fishery management in Eastern Pomerania as well as the Staatliche Fischereiamt incl. Fischereibiologischer Forschungsstelle & Untersuchungslaboratoriums in Kolberg.

The uniform of this fishery official is an interesting hybrid between that of a regular government official & member of the Kriegsmarine.

Check out this visor. While it's shaped like a Kriegsmarine visor, there is no mohair cap band and the wreath is that of a government official while the eagle is KM-style (I'd say it's safe to assume that the insignia where silver = Admin). Buttons have anchors + Kriegsmarine-style rank system. Now check out the brocade belt & dagger!!!

Who says history is boring... I LOVE THIS HOBBY!
    Attached Files

A wonderful photo. There is so much we haven't seen.

Comment

Kurt:
      Is there no end to your magic bag of rarities?!

You are correct--I had never seen this style hat/uniform, let alone heard of it in almost 40 years of collecting.

"Who says history is boring... I LOVE THIS HOBBY!"--I agree 101% percent--

<!-- / close content container --><!-- open content container -->

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

What's with that dagger? A diplo/marine?

Comment

Sorry Brian, I was so caught with describing the visor that I wasn't precise... here is what Regierungsrat Dr. Otto Marquard's brocade belt and dagger would have looked like in color (that it's a GO rather than a Diplo dagger is a guess of course).

I took this photo with a regular GO visor. The brocade belt is also for a government official of Marquard's rank (equivalent of a Colonel).
          Attached Files

Comment

Daniel that's a very interested and incredible nice photo every time i'm aware that we know so little. I couldn't figure out if the visor cap has been execute with these anchor buttons? I have the same problem i have unknown visor cap which look like a KM cap but with a dark blue piping maybe also a cap from the Staatliche Fischereiamt & Fischereibiologischer Forschungsstelle & Untersuchungslaboratoriums???

Comment

I am sure an identical cap will soon pop (poop?) up on a certain German website in short order...

Don

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
                (...) I have the same problem i have unknown visor cap which look like a KM cap but with a dark blue piping maybe also a cap from the Staatliche Fischereiamt & Fischereibiologischer Forschungsstelle & Untersuchungslaboratoriums???
                I looked through your posts and gave up after a while... can you post some pics of this visor?

Kurt

Comment

Once again, excellent detective work Kurt. It is interesting how they've combined the KM cut with the GO style insignia. Now, imagine this cap in a white top

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X