Need your help with flat-wire rosette for officer's side cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your help with flat-wire rosette for officer's side cap

What is your opinion on this first flatwire rosette for an army pz officer's side cap?
    I am only familiar with the type shown on bottom where the red part has no check pattern, but done simply by vertical red silk threads.
    I have observed the first type on repros, but so far not seen one on a cap I was sure was real. I would be grateful for some quick replies.
    Attached Files

If the first photo was not good enough, here's another
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the discussion thread on the cap itself. I am comfortable with everything except the rosette, which I have not enough experience to judge. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ficer+side+cap

Comment

If no one can help me with the flat wire rosette configuration for officers, how about if we switched the discussion to the EM version? In the EM rosettes, are there known originals in which the center red circle shows a checkered weave pattern? Here again, I am used to seeing red silk threads running across the circle without a checkered pattern.

Comment

Hello Nick,

here is couple of original pre-May 45 tropical cockades with the checkered effect to compare with.

This is accepted for EM/ NCO version woven made from rayon or artificial silk but is it acceptable for the officer types woven using silver thread ???

Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

That is a great help, thanks. Is this type of tropical rosette regarded as a late type?
            I ask because the cap is a later model.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
              Chris,

That is a great help, thanks. Is this type of tropical rosette regarded as a late type?
              I ask because the cap is a later model.
              The top cockade can be seen usually 41, 42 & 43 dated caps The lower example is more likely to be 42, 43 & 44

Have a look at this thread on the subject Nick, it may be of some help or interest,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...opical+cockade

Chris

Comment

I appreciate the useful link, thank you very much.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X