Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical helmet, help

Hello guys,

I´m mainly a badge collector however I´ve always wanted to have a tropical helmet. What do you think about this one? It´s supposed to be LW version. Thanks for your help
    Attached Files

Next
    Attached Files

Comment

Stamp
      Attached Files

Comment

Its French made. These were used by the LW & KM. And somebody added a LW eagle and shield to it fairly recently
        Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 08-07-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Tim, thank you very much. Your theory explains lack of the usual marking and other things which can be seen on german tropical helmets.

Comment

As Tim posted, French made and they were used by the Germans, but obviously they were used by the French as well.

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

Here is further reference from my library. An exact model as you have.

Though not noted as French made in this publication, I concur, these are known French manufactured piths to include the mfg logo as seen on other clothing articles employed by the WH.

-Ray-
              Attached Files

Comment

Jerry and Ray your help is truly appreciated

Comment

Yes i like these French helmets alot. This is a real nice one too.

Doubt if this one ever had an eagle or shield during the War. There are holes from the insignia being recently attached (then removed obviously), but no shadow where the insignia has been placed.

Comment

This is a nice enough example worthy of some KM shields. Please use the same holes if you restore this.

-Ray-

Comment

For further information I´m enclosing pictures of the similar helmet. It comes from this server:http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...rhdgr/hg67.htm
                      Attached Files

Comment

2more
                        Attached Files

Comment

Always interesting to see irregular and affiliated examples for discussion.

-Ray-

Comment

That one has been on sale for quite some time. Priced about 4 times too much what its worth imo. And am somewhat doubtful that the LW insignia is original to it also.

Several people have seen the helmet on Bill's site and smelled blood... At least two of these French examples have had holes punched & fake LW eagles added to try to make the helmet worth more post War. Trouble is they have ruined two perfectly good sunhelmets by attaching fake insignia that was not there during the War.

Here is a thread with one of the helmets with the fake eagle added post War.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=french+pith
                            Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 08-09-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=587740

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X