Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermann Göring Peak Cap and Hand Gun

Hello,
    I posted these pictures years ago and I thought it would be fun to post them again. I have pictures of the Hermann Göring Peak Cap (now deemed to be fake by many) and the Göring hand gun (my friend and I were told that both were captured together) from the Museum of World Wars. This so-called museum (it was really a big shop with stuff dumped all over the place) was located in California and Bob Boyington was the manager. These pictures were taken in the summer of 1985 (I remember I got to touch the gun). Did anyone ever visit the place?

Who made these caps? The gun looks good and even had the capture card with it.

Regards,
    Jody
    Attached Files

Göring Gun

Here is the gun:
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting photos Jody. I would like to hear about this visor. As to the pistol, I think Craig Gottlieb possesses it!

Comment

HG Gun

Originally posted by david_iu View Post
        Interesting photos Jody. I would like to hear about this visor. As to the pistol, I think Craig Gottlieb possesses it!
        Hello,
        It sure does. However the stickpin and fob are missing from inside the case lid.

Jody

Comment

The visor looks an awful lot like one I picked up years ago with some minor differences. Mine looks a tad more water stained than the photos Jody showed however the staining around the band is damn similar.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Jody, great post. I recall one of these being at the Champlin Fighter Museum in Mesa back in the 90's as well.

I was never clear who made them--but it looks like they were imported by both Hollywood Military Hobbies and WW2 Inc out of St Louis.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

BTW, here is the "Hitler" model by the same faker
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hey Stone Mint & Jody:
                  Maybe J Curtis Earl had these fakes made up as his machine gun collection was on display at this museum at that time.
                  Hell: He's been blamed for everything else here!!
                  Jim

Comment

Indeed, every cap in this thread is a repro and not very good ones either.

Robt.

PS....those that own the Saris headgear books can read pertinent commentary and note the pix of the Goering and Hitler caps. There is simply nothing correct about the caps in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
                      Indeed, every cap in this thread is a repro and not very good ones either.

Robt.

PS....those that own the Saris headgear books can read pertinent commentary and note the pix of the Goering and Hitler caps. There is simply nothing correct about the caps in this thread.
                      Yes, these are fakes, and were posted strictly for humor.

We have extensive threads on the real deal here. This one on AH's:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=bunker
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This Goering visor was once owned by Paul S:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rchid=10867099
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Pearl Grey Reichsmarschall.....

Hermann2.jpg

Comment

The Hitler repro looks bad, but I wouldn't mind having one of the Goring caps in my collection as a filler until I win the lottery.

Comment

Caps and Guns.

I'd like to know more on the engraved PPK in the first photo. (The one below and to the left of so called Goring Gun) seems to have Ivory handle grips and nice etch.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X