Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap value?

Hello all,

I have this Artillery EM/NCO cap without insignia. Someone has hand painted an SS logo on the liner. It also has some moth chews and is missing the sweat shield. I would like to list it on the Cloth Headgear Table . Any ideas about a realistic price for this cap? I'm more interested in selling it than getting top Dollar for it.

Steve
    Attached Files

About 200-250 IMO Billbert

Comment

More pictures.
      Attached Files

Comment

I agree with Billbert's estimate.

Comment

Is it just me or is there an outline of a skull down below on this cap?

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
            Is it just me or is there an outline of a skull down below on this cap?
            No your right, probably the same clown that painted the runes also tried to make it an SS cap and failed miserably. Good eye

Comment

original, molested heer visor

Comment

I showed the cap to a friend of mine who is a more advanced collector than I am. He thought the color of the piping was Smoke troops wine red and not Artillery red. I had always thought the smoke troop color was more of a purple tone. I found these Smoke Troop collar tabs and boards for sale on The Collector's Guild: http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H031569.html . The tabs are the purple tone but the boards are the same color or a very similar color to the piping on my hat. I realize comparing colors on a computer screen can be inaccurate but IF my cap is a Smoke Troop cap would that substantially change the value of the cap from what was suggested here earlier?

Comment

hi

Hi Stephen

Here you have an nebel visor,pretty huge colour difrence

I am with Billbert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Viola View Post
                    I showed the cap to a friend of mine who is a more advanced collector than I am. He thought the color of the piping was Smoke troops wine red and not Artillery red. I had always thought the smoke troop color was more of a purple tone. I found these Smoke Troop collar tabs and boards for sale on The Collector's Guild: http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H031569.html . The tabs are the purple tone but the boards are the same color or a very similar color to the piping on my hat. I realize comparing colors on a computer screen can be inaccurate but IF my cap is a Smoke Troop cap would that substantially change the value of the cap from what was suggested here earlier?
                    You should sell it to your friend for a nice profit if he thinks its a smoke troops cap

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X