Any idea what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea what this is?

I saw it in person and forgot to take photos: banghead: Any idea what type of hat it is? Is it rare? Also, how much is this style worth as I haven't seen it before. No moth holes but the leather lining is only left in the front where it points and to about halfway to the sides. The rest is gone. Has the mark 62 inside. Guessing that is the size. Eagle in good shape. It all looked period and looks to be vet brought back as there was a KM helmet and a belt and buckle with K98 ammo pouches still on it. All in similar condition.....

It's an Army Officers M38 cap. Leather sweat band should only be in front.
    Would need better pictures to tell if its real or repo. Looks pretty good.
    John

Comment

To me this is a one look original when you see it in person. It smells old, feels old, has believable wear ect. It looks like there was a sweat band all the way around so that is interesting. Even the leather looks old styled. Is this type rare? Thanks for your help btw! Also, here is the auction. You can see how the helmet and belt and buckle are in very similar shape. Also, all the US stuff belonged to 1 person and there is some photos not pictured. Looks to be a separated grouping....
      http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ory=0&zip=&kwd

Comment

I believe it's original but cannot post photos

I won this cap today along with the belt and buckle, and bought the dog tags to the trooper who must have brought it home, has the leather in the front but is falling out as you can see. It's stamped and marked but faded. 62 stamp in the cap. Looks like leather would have went all around it but I may be looking and just heavy sweat stains. Belt and buckle with ammo pouch were to a different family who sold at the estate... This, an M35 Heer helmet, and some photos medals as personal things from the G.I are all I believe they had from him.. The soldiers name is Frank. R. Steele. I believe he was a paratrooper after looking over his photos before someone bought them

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer506 View Post
          I won this cap today along with the belt and buckle, and bought the dog tags to the trooper who must have brought it home, has the leather in the front but is falling out as you can see. It's stamped and marked but faded. 62 stamp in the cap. Looks like leather would have went all around it but I may be looking and just heavy sweat stains. Belt and buckle with ammo pouch were to a different family who sold at the estate... This, an M35 Heer helmet, and some photos medals as personal things from the G.I are all I believe they had from him.. The soldiers name is Frank. R. Steele. I believe he was a paratrooper after looking over his photos before someone bought them
          Are you able to get pictures in any way??? Got there too late and it was sold....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X