Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wth?

Same hat, same site, but sold with 2 different chincords:

Visor cap for an officer in the Infantry branch with at least the rank of Musikmeister, or any music related rank above this, as indicated by the red flecks in the bullion chin cord. Cap is dress quality of fine doeskin by Hans Klements, and about a size 58. Sweatband has sweat stains in the forehead area, and the silvered wreath has some copper base showing at some of the high areas. A unique and seldom found hat. Low excellent.
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

At least the price is the same:

Infantry Officer's Dress quality visor by "Hans Klements." Doeskin material has just a few very light nips to nap that you have to look very carefully to find. Upper part of tan satin liner and along outer side edges, has some light staining. Sweat shield and sweat band intact but with sweat stains in the forehead area. Inside of sweat band stamped "Gepruft 2./I.R.43," indicating this hat met the required standards for this unit. There is also a large "E." in a box stamped on the underside of the seat band, but I don't know for what purpose. The eagle and cockade apparently have a silver finish, as both show an equal amount of moderate patina. About a size 59/60. A very nice quality hat with no major issues. Low excellent
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Links to both are here:

http://www.ronwolin.com/GermanMilitaria.html
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Bizarre

Comment

Chris,

there is one more difference, the one with the Feuerwehr chin cords is priced a great deal higher -- you get to choose so don't complain !

BTW, the seller missed the greatest feature in my opinion. That maker is super rare and from Eastern Prussia. Not many of those produced in that area survived for obvious reasons. Buy the item and not the story... Wait a minute, which item? LOL

Kurt

Comment

Someone should contact the seller saying you would like both..see if you can get a package deal

Comment

I have had numerous people ask me about this hat of late, so I am bringing this thread back to the top.

The hat is still for sale on his site, but he forgot to take down the pic of the hat as it existed before it became a "bandsman" visor.....

(one is 193, the other 77)
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Wolin

...and someone should ask him for the source of his information that Musikmeister through Stabsmusikmeister ranked band directors ever wore anything but the standard, twisted silver chin cord.

Comment

The dealer

While I've picked up a few nice, righteous items from this dealer, I've often walked away from his table at the SOS with raised eyebrows. I used to wonder whether he just simply didn't know, and then...pondered how that could be... given his longevity in the militaria business. For me, I think this episode lends (further) substantive evidence to, with finality, resolving those questions.

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Southern View Post
                    While I've picked up a few nice, righteous items from this dealer, I've often walked away from his table at the SOS with raised eyebrows. I used to wonder whether he just simply didn't know, and then...pondered how that could be... given his longevity in the militaria business. For me, I think this episode lends (further) substantive evidence to, with finality, resolving those questions. Shawn
                    Bingo!

I've thought the exact same thing standing at his table from time to time.
                    He's one hell of a nice guy and doesn't seem at all dishonest but . . .

Look at that eRel (Janke) veterinarian visor!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
                      Bingo!

Wasn't there once a parable...something about a wolf in sheeps' clothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
                        Bingo!

& how about these.....
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

What really frosts my bananas is that it's one thing, making a mistake on a $25.00 item, but on items over $1,000, you damn well better know what you are selling!
                          While I'm ranting, $1195 for a common infantry officer's visor cap, that was likely converted from an enlisted as well, given the gerpruft stamp ??
                          As well as $775 for a very UNscarce Luftwaffe flak enlisted cap?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Really... WOW good eye, I am also very surprised to learn this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X