Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Einheitsfeldmütze m. '43, opinions?

Hi,
    can you help me? I 'ld buy this Feldmutze mod. 43 because I like it and the price is good , but I'm not an expert of German militaria and so I need you opinios...
    What do you think?

Thanks
    Partisan

Looks good in my opinion.

Robt.

Comment

Resewn insignia, otherwise original IMO.

Comment

Ok : cap original and Insignia resewn, but original or fake insignia?
        Thanks

Partisan

Comment

Insignia original..just not factory applied to this M43..Billbert

Comment

Thanks bilbert, so you thimk that cap and insignia are original (resewn).
            In other forum, an user tell me that caps is probably a fake and insignia (original) resewn on it.
            Now, I'm confused... to buy this cap, to me, is a big expense, for this I must be sure of the originality of it (I accept the insignia reseewn), but I only buy if the cap is original...
            Can you tell me something more about the cap?

Thanks
            Partisan

Comment

Partisan,
              From this forum you have had opinions from a few collectors who have a good reputations, and from another unnamed forum you have had a contrary opinon from one person, without reference to that person's expertise. You yourself lack the knowledge to make the call on the hat's originality. So, in your own mind you just don't know. Well, if I were thinking of making a "big expense", and I were not convinced that the cap is original, I would not make that "big expense." Don't buy it. You will never be happy with it. Save your money for a cap you are convinced is original. Start doing research here and in books to educate yourself on how to tell an original cap from a reproduction.

Good luck!!
              Steve
              Last edited by Steve Sherlock; 06-22-2013, 03:18 AM. Reason: typo
              ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Clearly reapplied Insignia, But nice service wear to it..

Mike..

Comment

Thank you very much for your expertise and your important advice...
                  In your opinion, it can be a side cap with visor added?

Thanks in advanced
                  partisan

Comment

[QUOTE=
                    In your opinion, it can be a side cap with visor added?

Thanks in advanced
                    partisan[/QUOTE]
                    No sir it is not
                    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Thanks guys and thanks to your courtesy too. I'll buy this cap!

Partisan

Comment

I think the camera skewed the initial pix making the visor appear to be sewn on a very small cap body. Obviously we could see different.
                        Also, I'm not totally convinced the insignia was 'reapplied' at all. Whip stitching was a fast way of applying insignia and sometimes this was rendered as piece work at the factory....in other words, a line of tailors that did nothing but quickly stitch the insignia in production line fashion. The thread used looks heavy gauge and the spacing very nicely done.

Robt.

PS....whip stitching although a 'fast' way is not the usual way a professional tailor would apply insignia. Pick stitch would be proper.

Comment

Thank you very much RGD51. In fact, the seller (a serious collector) ensures that the banner is mounted absolutely in the period.
                          I decided to buy it and I think that the price (450 euros) is a good price for this cap! For you too?
                          Thanks to all
                          Partisan

Comment

The insignia could be mounted during the period by a person..it did not leave a factory like that in my opinion in 1943 1944 ... Billbert

overall its a nice salty cap that's been there !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X