Original vet bring back german military visor hat no reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original vet bring back german military visor hat no reserve

I have had a # of questions regarding this cap, which went for an absurd $865. I think the buyer thought there might be some SS connection, which there is not.

The pics are poor and the cap is dirty, but it is one of 2 things--an early Bahnschutzpolizei visor, or an early Red Cross visor.

It also looks like someone half-heartedly tried to color some of the piping with green marker:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-VET...c#ht_23wt_1161
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Whatever it is, d***1 just overpaid by $765.....
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

green on top piping--rare A-SS Panzergrenadier!:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Ach du lieber!

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Oops some one is is going to be a sad new hat owner

Comment

OR slap some SS insignia on it and let someone else be the sad new owner at an inflated price...Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
              . . . which went for an absurd $865. I think the buyer thought there might be some SS connection . . .
              I agree, but that's what SS EM blackies should be going for anyway these days as they aren't even scarce anymore. In fact they are extremely common and yet they still go for $5-6000. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
                I agree, but that's what SS EM blackies should be going for anyway these days as they aren't even scarce anymore. In fact they are extremely common and yet they still go for $5-6000. Why?
                'cause there are dumdums willing to fork out that kind of dough?
                BTW I was once that dumdum : (

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
                  I agree; while I have no personal interest in owning an A-SS cap, their ubiquity should result in MUCH lower prices than the absurd prices they are listed for.
                  Are they actually SELLING at those prices? For some people, those black caps with a skull seem to cast some kind of spell.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Further evidence that Barnum was very, very right...

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X