Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Side Cap

Hello,

I have been offered this tropical side cap but I really don't know much about them at all. From the research that I have done it appears to be a good Clemens Wagner but I am not sure about the soutache being original to the cap or the insiginas themselves. It appears that they have all be replaced and they used regular army insignia's and not tropical. Please let me know what you guys think...

Regards,
    Chris G.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

vents...
      Attached Files

Comment

Completely stripped un-issued example - the insignia will have been re-applied to an m40 missing it's insignia.
        Shameful.
        Mark
        NZ

Comment

Completely stripped un-issued example - the insignia will have been re-applied to an m40 missing it's insignia.
          Shameful.
          Mark
          NZ

Pity, white soutache cap with original insignia is very desirable.
          Mark S

Comment

Thanks again guys I really appreciate it!

I have been offered the cap but asked to make an offer as well so I don't know what to offer. Do you think $150 bucks would be fair or way too low?

Do you think it would be possible to find some tropical insignia's to add to it?

Thanks,
            Chris G.

Comment

Agree original beehive cap that has been reduced to this. Stripped for its parts like a car at the junkyard.
              These caps have been so abused by dealers, added post war soutache, or stripped of their own insignia for M40's or worse chopped up for tropical shoulderstraps

Yes Chris $150 is a fair offer to try to fix it back up. Tropical insignia while tough to find sometimes is out there...not sure the white soutache is original to the cap would need better/ more photos.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help.

What model cap is this? I want to look at other examples so I get a good idea of the insignias I should get.

Thanks,
                Chris G.

Comment

Hi Chris

Here is an original Clemens Wagner with factory applied insignia...your caps soutache has also been post War applied.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was wondering what your guys' thoughts were as I don't think this cap ever have a soutache to begin with. I have been looking at other Wagner caps and it doesn't look like there was ever soutache on this cap as other Wagner caps soutache went under the fold (can't think of the right word).

What do you think? Did all Wagner caps have a soutache?

Regards,
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher G. View Post
                      I was wondering what your guys' thoughts were as I don't think this cap ever have a soutache to begin with. I have been looking at other Wagner caps and it doesn't look like there was ever soutache on this cap as other Wagner caps soutache went under the fold (can't think of the right word).

What do you think? Did all Wagner caps have a soutache?

Regards,
                      Chris
                      Only if they are dated Aug '42 or earlier would they have a soutache.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X