Afrika Korps M40 Cap Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika Korps M40 Cap Opinions Please

This cap has been offered as an authentic Afrika Korps Cap. I need opinions please. The cap appears to be correctly constructed and the eagle appears to be original. Under black light only the thread holding the white waffenfarbe glows. I appreaciate your thoughts http://www.flicker.com/photos/misterillusion

Hi Charliefass,
    I don't like this one at all, pass IMO.
    cheers
    nco

Comment

Originally posted by charliefass View Post
      This cap has been offered as an authentic Afrika Korps Cap. I need opinions please. The cap appears to be correctly constructed and the eagle appears to be original. Under black light only the thread holding the white waffenfarbe glows. I appreaciate your thoughts http://www.flicker.com/photos/misterillusion
      As stated before nothing good about this cap. The insignia ia fake as is the cap itself. They could not even get the spelling of the city where it was made correct ? Its Braunschweig not Braunshweig

Comment

Definitely a bad cap!

Comment

Who is selling this cap as an original ? There have been four different people asking for help on this same fake cap in a week ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
            Who is selling this cap as an original ? There have been four different people asking for help on this same fake cap in a week ?
            The dealer is Filippo at Pasadena Antiques and Design in Pasadena, California. He assures me that the cap was obtained from a WWII veteran and is surprised that it is being questioned

Comment

Originally posted by charliefass View Post
              The dealer is Filippo at Pasadena Antiques and Design in Pasadena, California. He assures me that the cap was obtained from a WWII veteran and is surprised that it is being questioned
              Thanks for the seller info. (obtained from a vet ) Its not being questioned. There is NO Doubt it is a 100% one look Fake. The insignia is also fake, look at the eagles feet....

The city it was supposedly made in is misspelled ? How does the dealer explain that ? A photo from an original Clemens Wagner notice the spelling.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 06-09-2013, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Dealer Made Good on this

I just wanted anyone who reads this thread to know that the dealer (Filippo Laveneziana of Pasadena Antiques & Design) is an honest dealer. He truly felt that this was an original cap and listed it as such. Based on the opinions I received here, I returned the cap to him and he immediately refunded my full purchase price. Thanks again to everyone's input and advice on this. I am certainly much wiser now concerning DAK caps. --Charlie

Comment

Affordable genuine example:
                  http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=1655

Should you desire an original early cap with soutache, be prepared for a much larger output of cash.
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

A really bad fake 'Willy Sprengpfeil' trop art'y officers sz. 60 was sold recently by 'Marshals Baton'. Would have fit nicely in the WS thread here.

Robt.

Comment

Hard to believe he didn't suspect this cap....

Comment

Interesting, so where does it leave this one sold by the "Relic Hunter" ?

Chris
                        Attached Files

Comment

That cap gives us maybe some hope that Willy did make trops....its stamp was posted in the WS thread, along with the Marshals Baton fake one, but, as suggested, Willy 'may not' have made officers trop caps. Another thing it shows is that some makers used their company stamps into '43 and didn't necessarily get an RB number.

Robt.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with that example, Chris....
                            Mark
                            NZ

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
                              I see nothing wrong with that example, Chris....
                              Mark
                              NZ
                              I certainly would not mind it in my collection Mark,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X