Question about Luft visor on E-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Luft visor on E-stand

Hi. This visor looks really nice -- it is missing the diamond and has moth damage. My question -- Is the $1200 asking price in the right range for this visor or is it on the high side? Is it on the low side? -- I don't look for Luft visor's often.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=665921

Thanks

Dennis
    Last edited by Military Trader; 05-19-2013, 03:21 PM.

In this market, I think you might be able to do better. If you wait long enough they will pop up on the e-stand

Comment

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
      In this market, I think you might be able to do better. If you wait long enough they will pop up on the e-stand
      I agree; if patient, you will likely find an example as good, or better, for less, IMHO.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Hi Dennis,

I would respectfully disagree with my peers here. $1,200 is a reasonable price for a visor in this condition. These things aren't falling off trees and most visors are in a lesser condition. Could you find a slightly better condition piece at the same price? Yes. Great deals can be had from time to time. But you are approaching the bottom of the pricing barrel here. Anything less is going to start looking junky real quick. If this were my visor I'd ask for more than what he's dropped it to.

Pricing is subjective, and what is a rip off to one may be a deal to another. The real question here is what type of visor are you looking for? If this one is very close but not quite what you had in mind, I wouldn't recommend it at half the price - you will always be unhappy with it. However, if this example meets what you had envisioned for your collection, I would get it.

That's always the approach I take.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
          If this one is very close but not quite what you had in mind, I wouldn't recommend it at half the price - you will always be unhappy with it. However, if this example meets what you had envisioned for your collection, I would get it.

That's always the approach I take.

J-
          Very well said, I take the exact same approach. Just couldn't put it into words as nice as you did

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
            Very well said, I take the exact same approach. Just couldn't put it into words as nice as you did
            So true and I should have mentioned that. This pretty much applies for all things no matter what hobby we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
              Very kind of you to say, Marcel, thanks.

I think this approach is important as it saves us from purchases that we end up reselling later. We tend to vacillate on items that are close to what we are looking for. But when the right piece comes along we usually act very quick!

J-

Comment

Jason brings up some great points. Its all about picking something for your collection that your going to be happy with. If you are not buying it for a little stock for tradeing fodder and its not exactly what your looking for then pass, if its what you want jump on it.
                Eddie is a good guy to deal with and hell you can always ask if he can do a little better on the price. Maybe he can't and maybe he can, but I have done business with him for many years and have always been happy with the pieces I have bought and sold him and he has always been easy to work with. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X