Chaplain cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaplain cross

I have studied great thread by Chris Liontass on German Chaplain, but can’t decide if this cross has any chance to be good. I think it looks like a cast copy. Your opinions are welcome.

Regards,
    JSL
    Attached Files

Poor Fake!

Comment

Originally posted by JSL View Post
      I have studied great thread by Chris Liontass on German Chaplain, but can’t decide if this cross has any chance to be good. I think it looks like a cast copy. Your opinions are welcome.

Regards,
      JSL
      Cast --- the originals have a heavy silver wash to them, additionally the number of metal indentations to the lower part of the cross appears wrong. There is a nice bend to the lower X stitch, however it is over bent. The originals have a slight bend, this has too much for my taste.

Comment

Chris,

Many thanks for your opinion.

Regards,

JSL

Comment

compare really quick the two.

I love this hat

The details on this cross are wonderful, they should be crisp. The other looks cast.

Someone has been selling high quality cast fakes on ebay and ebay England for about a year and a half now. The fakes are good, just made of the wrong material. I fear very soon we will start seeing a flood of "ground dug" crosses appearing on the market
          Attached Files

Comment

another
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X