Original vented cockade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original vented cockade?

Does this one stand a chance? Seller has a couple of these and says that he doesn't know if they are post-war or not, only that this manufacturer has been closed for 20 years...

cockade1.jpg

Please help!

AOK.. Billbert

Comment

OK, thanx!

Comment

I donĀ“t know what AOK means, but today I get one of those OVERHOFF-cockades, and IMO there are not original wartime cockades that where used by Lubstein.

Comment

AOK = "All OK"? Let's hope so. I'll pick mine up at the local post office later today...

Originally posted by IR 529 View Post
          I donĀ“t know what AOK means, but today I get one of those OVERHOFF-cockades, and IMO there are not original wartime cockades that where used by Lubstein.

Comment

Visual comparison

OK, here's a visual comparison between a supposedly original vented cockade found on an Erel artillery NCO cap and the "Overhoff" specimen: The left one is of the "taller" type with a slightly coarser mesh...

Korkarden.jpg

Comment

Bump!

Any comments welcome!

Comment

Looking through thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=348147, I notice that all but 2-3 cockades are of the "tall" standard type. There are however a few that look just like the "flatter" one in question...

I also noted one (Feldgendarmerie/recruiting) with a coarser mesh than what's usual (usual = 7-8 x 7-8 wire sections visible). Legit?

COMMENTS, please!

Comment

cont.

Looking through thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=348147, I notice that all but 2-3 cockades are of the "tall" standard type. There are however a few that look just like the "flatter" one in question...

I also noted one (Feldgendarmerie/recruiting) with a coarser mesh than what's usual (usual = 7-8 x 7-8 wire sections visible). Legit?

COMMENTS, please!

Comment

Really? No opinions?

Comment

I'd be happy with it. Frankly, if these had been reproduced we'd see a lot more of them, either loose like this or on vented caps that call for them. Although I have seen one repaired/restored with micro screen mesh and red nail polish. Looked damn good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X