• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Blue Piping

Hello,
    Is this judicial branch piping?
    Thank you, Peter
    Attached Files

Peter, I lean manufacturer/dye-lot variation. The blues for Ortsgruppe run from a transport blue to a medium blue.

The blue for Parteigericht was a dark blue--so dark, it almost appears black at first glance.

Further, Parteigericht piping did not exist per the 1939 regs.

Still a lovely hat....
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hat

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
      Peter, I lean manufacturer/dye-lot variation. The blues for Ortsgruppe run from a transport blue to a medium blue.

The blue for Parteigericht was a dark blue--so dark, it almost appears black at first glance.

Still a lovely hat....
      Thank you Minty!

Comment

Confused????

Still a lovely hat....
        Hi Chris,
        I am now a little confused by your comment in this thread vs. the attached link? Can you clear this up please. Regards, Peter
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=party+court

Comment

Peter--

Technically Parteigericht piping was abolished with the advent of the 1939 regs. I am unaware of any M-39 tabs that would match true Parteigericht piping (maybe Jeff Clark can pipe in here). So, it would have to be some sort of unreferenced hold-over.

The piping on Parteigericht is a very deep blue, so deep it appears black in natural light. Can you take a pic w/o a flash?
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

the Parteigericht tabs went away with the new uniform regs of 39

but I am sure some of those guys continued to wear their old insignia after that, as did many political leaders. this was mostly done at lower ranks and levels though

when the war started, many of the PL went to war and simply never upgraded their uniforms. the lower rank unpaid position didn't do the upgrade probably mostly do to the cost and time involved
            https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Visor hat

Originally posted by Jeff Clark View Post
              the Parteigericht tabs went away with the new uniform regs of 39

but I am sure some of those guys continued to wear their old insignia after that, as did many political leaders. this was mostly done at lower ranks and levels though

when the war started, many of the PL went to war and simply never upgraded their uniforms. the lower rank unpaid position didn't do the upgrade probably mostly do to the cost and time involved
              Thanks Jeff!
              Would you say the visor hat posted above is Parteigericht?
              Peter

Comment

I defer to stonemint on all things related to visors

I have seen Party Court visors updated with the 39 insignia, such as the one Coleman showed in another thread. The blues are hard to get a read on without having them in hand.
                https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Cap

Originally posted by Jeff Clark View Post
                  I defer to stonemint on all things related to visors

I have seen Party Court visors updated with the 39 insignia, such as the one Coleman showed in another thread. The blues are hard to get a read on without having them in hand.
                  Jeff,
                  Can you tell me when they introduced the use of the brown velvet band on the political visor caps?
                  Thanks, Peter

Comment

Peter, the Form 2 visors (Introduced in 1934) used a chocolate brown band (with the exception of some low-ranked Orts, which matched the wool of the top).

Form 3 visors used a medium-brown band (although you will see some rust-brown Form 3's). These were introduced in 1936.

Form 4 visors used the rust-brown band.

As I said, yours may be a PG hold-over, but the blue is really dark in natural light.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

These 2 are not as dark as yours, but do show the dye-lot diffence:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is Bob's Form 3 PG upgraded to Form 4.

Note the medium brown band and the dark piping:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Cap

These 2 are not as dark as yours, but do show the dye-lot diffence:
                          What say ye? PG or ORTS. Maker #27. Please call it.
                          Thank you, Peter
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well, Peter, having had more than a few #27s (Fewegla) over the years, I have never seen their Orts piping this dark.

I call it.......PARTEIGERICHT!
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Pg

Well, Peter, having had more than a few #27s (Fewegla) over the years, I have never seen their Orts piping this dark.

I call it.......PARTEIGERICHT!
                              Thanks Chris!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X