Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer side cap

Hi friends,
    i have in my hands this panzer side cap in brand new conditions. It cames without Soutache (never applied), 'M. Mertes, 1941' marked, with no painted zinc rivets. What do you think about it?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have find a nice reference in my archive. Here another 'M. Mertes' marked example (field grey version).
              Attached Files

Comment

no one?

Comment

Hello
                  For me a original side cap .

Comment

Yes it is, nice cap Alex
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Beautiful original cap!

Comment

Hi friends,
                        thanks a lot for your answers; just for curiousity, did you ever seen another side cap made by this producer? It's the 1st time i see something made by M. Mertes, do you know it?

Comment

For me, a 1941 dated Heer sidecap without any signs of soutache appliation is VERY odd, so i would scrutinize carefully if it is realy the case without removal (for instance behind the flap, where the 2 points where soutache normaly go throught).
                          The grommet's split is not "clean" comparing to the other feldgrau sidecap shown from the same maker, and stamp's font seems not exactly the same, neither lining material used.
                          Is there a sweatband inside ?
                          The thread of the eagle looks white, not gray ? ie an early pattern normaly not used anymore in a 1941 production.
                          But maybe i'm just paranoiac...
                          derka

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
                            For me, a 1941 dated Heer sidecap without any signs of soutache appliation is VERY odd, so i would scrutinize carefully if it is realy the case without removal (for instance behind the flap, where the 2 points where soutache normaly go throught).
                            The grommet's split is not "clean" comparing to the other feldgrau sidecap shown from the same maker, and stamp's font seems not exactly the same, neither lining material used.
                            Is there a sweatband inside ?
                            The thread of the eagle looks white, not gray ? ie an early pattern normaly not used anymore in a 1941 production.
                            But maybe i'm just paranoiac...
                            derka

Hi Derka,
                            it's what i though. Do you have any pics of other side cap manufactured by the same producer?

Comment

Unfortunatly no.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X