Heer general's visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer general's visor cap

Apologies for not being able to link the listing. Cap is on Emedals website, item G6092.
    It's a pre-1943 cap, made by G.A. Hoffmann. I just don't normally think of them as a maker of general's caps, as opposed to Erel, Pekuro & the like.
    Any opinions? Thanks.

Bob Shoaf

For quick access: http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...mutze?vmcchk=1

Comment

As they used to say in the old Wendy's commercial: "parts is parts...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzLVIc-O5E
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Chop shop

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          As they used to say in the old Wendy's commercial: "parts is parts...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzLVIc-O5E
          Apologies, possibly amusing to the old boy's club but not to the young or inexperienced new members who are trying to learn from the miriad of "Experts" who frequent this forum. If you are genuinely interested in helping others then maybe a clear indication as to why this particular piece earns your scorn and not flippant "It is because I say so" comments. You are of course a very well respected member of the forum and I've followed your threads with interest, but in the end if people are to learn from your vast experience, then guidance as to why you make your comments would be appreciated (Not just pointelss U tube adverts)

respectfully regards
          Last edited by dmytro; 04-13-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

As I read it; the cap is post-war assembled from parts, a so-called "Frankenstein".

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
              As I read it; the cap is post-war assembled from parts, a so-called "Frankenstein".
              Then maybe the experts could point you in the right direction so you don't make the same mistake again

Comment

Originally posted by dmytro View Post
                Apologies, possibly amusing to the old boy's club but not to the young or inexperienced new members who are trying to learn from the miriad of "Experts" who frequent this forum. If you are genuinely interested in helping others then maybe a clear indication as to why this particular piece earns your scorn and not flippant "It is because I say so" comments. You are of course a very well respected member of the forum and I've followed your threads with interest, but in the end if people are to learn from your vast experience, then guidance as to why you make your comments would be appreciated (Not just pointelss U tube adverts)

respectfully regards
                stonemint's YouTube video was not pointless, but rather a less boring way of illustrating a simple point: that this cap is made up of random parts salvaged from other caps.

Comment

Then maybe the experts could point you in the right direction so you don't make the same mistake again
                  Such detailed analysis is not openly discussed on the forum for a reason.

Be glad that he has stuck his neck out and offered an educated opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
                    Such detailed analysis is not openly discussed on the forum for a reason.

Be glad that he has stuck his neck out and offered an educated opinion.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

dmytro, please advise me as to what "old boys club" I am a member of--they either never admitted me, or if they did, it was without my knowledge (and surely I must have been kicked out long ago.)

I find it interesting that you criticize me, but I note that you have been on the forum for over 6 years, yet you have a total of 362 posts. Up until now, I had never read a single post of yours, and in fact, had never heard of you before today. But given that you are a 6 year WAF member, and have come to this forum, you must have made some attempt to educate yourself with regard to a basic understanding/authentication of visor hats.

If you had, you would notice that there are 6 pinned threads up above, all of which, had you read them, clearly set forth the differences between fake and real caps. There are also multiple unpinned threads (in the hundreds) that deal with fake vs. real.

It is not my job (thankless as it is) to spoon-feed collectors--that is what education is about, and the materials are all here, at your fingertips. The vast majority of those who frequent this forum have educated themselves through study and hard-work (& that is what it takes if you want to succeed in this hobby, just like anything else in life).

Lastly, it is not my job (or the job of anyone else) to aid the fakers in bettering their craft by pointing out their defects.

I have stated what I think of the hat--it is a parts piece. If you want to figure out why, read the pinned threads, and then post your conclusions as to why you either agree or disagree with my conclusion, and back it up with evidence, and people will (as the old saying goes) help those who help themselves.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

ps--this thread should get you started. Good luck:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=231944
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

dmytro, please advise me as to what "old boys club" I am a member of--they either never admitted me, or if they did, it was without my knowledge (and surely I must have been kicked out long ago.)

I find it interesting that you criticize me, but I note that you have been on the forum for over 6 years, yet you have a total of 362 posts. Up until now, I had never read a single post of yours, and in fact, had never heard of you before today. But given that you are a 6 year WAF member, and have come to this forum, you must have made some attempt to educate yourself with regard to a basic understanding/authentication of visor hats.

If you had, you would notice that there are 6 pinned threads up above, all of which, had you read them, clearly set forth the differences between fake and real caps. There are also multiple unpinned threads (in the hundreds) that deal with fake vs. real.

It is not my job (thankless as it is) to spoon-feed collectors--that is what education is about, and the materials are all here, at your fingertips. The vast majority of those who frequent this forum have educated themselves through study and hard-work (& that is what it takes if you want to succeed in this hobby, just like anything else in life).

Lastly, it is not my job (or the job of anyone else) to aid the fakers in bettering their craft by pointing out their defects.

I have stated what I think of the hat--it is a parts piece. If you want to figure out why, read the pinned threads, and then post your conclusions as to why you either agree or disagree with my conclusion, and back it up with evidence, and people will (as the old saying goes) help those who help themselves.

Yes I'm a "Newbie" and Don't have the experience or confidence to post just to add to my posting tally. In the end rightly or wrongly members, I'm sure do call on your and others expertise, for the inexperienced it takes a lot of "Bottle" to shell out high hundreds and possibly thousands of $ on a purchase when there is still some doubt.

I do however fully accept your comments and freely offer my apologies if any offence was caused, none were meant.

Comment

Yes I'm a "Newbie" and Don't have the experience or confidence to post just to add to my posting tally. In the end rightly or wrongly members, I'm sure do call on your and others expertise, for the inexperienced it takes a lot of "Bottle" to shell out high hundreds and possibly thousands of $ on a purchase when there is still some doubt.

I do however fully accept your comments and freely offer my apologies if any offence was caused, none were meant.
                            dmytro, sorry, didn't know you were a newbie. We're good....
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

dmytro, sorry, didn't know you were a newbie. We're good....
                              No problem, as I mentioned I now fully understand why the finer points are not discussed just so that the fakers's lives are made easier

regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X