Black Panzer officers overseas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Panzer officers overseas cap

I am pleased to be able to show this cap, which I really enjoy. The guy I got this from got it from the US veteran's nephew along with a batch of other nice and unquestionably original bring-backs. I am extremely confident that this hat is an untouched original. It even still has the original German safety pin inside, it shows even wear, the condition is wonderful. I need to sell this, any suggestions for a realistic E-stand price in the current market would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

I took these pictures this morning before work and there wasn't a lot of light, I apologize that the quality of some of the photos is not ideal but I was really eager to show this awesome field cap.
    Attached Files

Comment

More
      Attached Files

Comment

Eagle and soutache
        Attached Files

Comment

Inside. The safety pin has never been moved, it's a time capsule.
          Attached Files

Comment

The only marking inside is the remains of what I assume was once a size stamp in white ink, looks like 57.
            Attached Files

Comment

Piping underside. The piping is washed out in the picture, there are better views in posts 1 and 4 above. I can take more photos if needed. Any comments on this cap are welcome.
              Attached Files

Comment

Custom made NON STANDARD heer style cap...very nice !! Billbert

Comment

absouluty brilliant custom officers i love the safety pin

Comment

SUPERBE !!!

Comment

A nice cap and period made but appears from the shape of it to have been fashioned from a SS/LW style Schiffchen. Is the eagle sewn through the lining?
                      Last edited by OSS; 04-09-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

cap

Very nice. Could you please tell us or show us how the pink soutache is applied? I get the impression it is hand-stitched.

Comment

Chris,

I think its just killer man! I would love to have it to top off my 1st model trop Pz Officer tunic. Sweet cap and congrats on the score. Matt

Comment

Here are some more photos of the insignia, soutache, and inside the hat. The eagle is not sewn through the lining and I believe that this cap was made this way. The eagle is well embedded in the wool nap and it shows every indication of having been there forever. The soutache is machine sewn.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the reverse of the front flap showing the bobbin thread from the soutache application. Also a shot of the inside front area, the reverse side of where the insignia are sewn.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X