Two Kriegsmarine overseas caps for opinions- blue and Coastal Artillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Kriegsmarine overseas caps for opinions- blue and Coastal Artillery

I wanted to post these field caps here before offering for sale. Both are worn and I believe they are untouched originals. The Coastal Artillery one is a nice example with the soutache and the blue one has an interesting maker stamp. These are outside of my collection focus and I don't know what they are worth, any suggestions of realistic E-Stand prices would be welcome and appreciated.

First the blue cap.
    Attached Files

The cockade is machine stitched, the eagle is hand stitched, I believe both are the original factory application. Part of the wreath and swastika is in a wrinkle from decades of being stored flat as you can see.
    Attached Files

Comment

Interior.
      Attached Files

Comment

Coastal artillery cap.
        Attached Files

Comment

Interior. Somebody wrote "WERMACHT" under the maker stamp, looks to have been done long ago- in pre-ballpoint pen days- I suspect maybe by the vet who brought it back.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last ones. I can post more photos if needed. Any comments would be welcome and appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

hello

Hello Chris
              I think you sold these cap with exactly the same markings already before on the e-stand I think? ere you lucky to put your hands on a a whole pack of these maybe?

Comment

I wish I was that lucky. These are the first and only KM Schiffchen I have ever had.

Comment

I don't see any problems, the KM with many of it's bases in France often contracted with French manufacturers. The KA cap is fine even with the mis-spelled addition by the GI or whoever.

Comment

caps

Chris, very nice caps, all OK IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X