Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General SS visor cap

Hello guys,

Could I have your opinion about this cap please?
    It's size 56, and the eagle is marked RZM M1/72.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The badges are bad for sure, and there are a couple of red flags that tell me the cap itself is bad too.

Comment

SS generals visor

A lining of oil type material in a very high rank and rare hat,their are a few red flags,but that's a pretty bad piece!! CDR

Comment

Some sort of Alteste based Frankenstein creation I would say.

Comment

Ben, you mean the golden SS Logo / inner top etc. being Alteste ?

Comment

lining

this hat exhibits traditional em/nco type lining in a general officer's visor- me thinks NOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by revi View Post
                  Ben, you mean the golden SS Logo / inner top etc. being Alteste ?
                  Not exactly, I mean the exterior looks Alteste but the wasserdicht lining with the runes may be genuine.

As drbill said though, they don't belong together.

Comment

O.k., thanks Ben. The EM/NCO inner and visor outer side not belonging together for a generals visor is without question. I find the SS logo and upper waterproof material itself having a very good chance, but I had some trouble designating the sidepanel material as it l somehow looks "thickisch" and of a strange weave for a Allg. enlisted, more the material I'm used to see in civil visors such as Firedepartment etc., that's why I asked you about the Alteste. Could also be the picture though. Looks o.k. in the second picture of #2. Cheers.

Comment

Don't recall seeing an Alteste with a waterproof lining and runes.

Seen a few with the artificial silk lining like this one though.
                      It was amongst other very dubious hats in an auction last November in Hatfield, PA, USA.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Never seen those pictures before ! Thanks.

Comment

i also suspect in a frankestein. moreover i'm more and more sceptical when i see this kind of sweatband... in the last years a large numbero of fake or frankestein shows this sweatband.
                          also recent "crusher" of Besslein have always this kind of sb.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                            Don't recall seeing an Alteste with a waterproof lining and runes.

Seen a few with the artificial silk lining like this one though.
                            It was amongst other very dubious hats in an auction last November in Hatfield, PA, USA.
                            It is amazing how many high-end fakes are now being dumped through obscure US auction houses (however, they are a great source of reference material.)
                            Even more amazing to see that there are still so many uniformed people bidding on this crap.....
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Neither of the caps posted are Altestes IMO but both are bad!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X