Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Kepi for opinions...

Hi all.

Thought I'd post this nice SA Kepi I just bought for some opinions. I can't find a thing wrong with it, but then again I just bought my first one a couple months ago so I'm still learning. Let me know what you guys think - any red flags or opinions overall?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect US and German WW2 Helmets and Visor Caps.

Looks AOK to me...Billbert

Comment

Looks fine to me as well, nice kepi!!

Fritz

Comment

Good one. Rare to find in winter-weight wool.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

very attractive cap...

i ask this question, not to suggest or imply any issues... the eagle looks very bright and unblemished...is it possible that this is replaced? i am no expert, nor should my question be interpreted as anything other than an SA novice wanting to learn...

again, that maroon really pops against the cap, i find it exceptional!

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post
            very attractive cap...

i ask this question, not to suggest or imply any issues... the eagle looks very bright and unblemished...is it possible that this is replaced? i am no expert, nor should my question be interpreted as anything other than an SA novice wanting to learn...

again, that maroon really pops against the cap, i find it exceptional!
            TxGauleiter, that's a great observation. My opinion is that you look at the condition of the entire piece and if the condition of the eagle matches relatively well, and the eagle and cap are of the same period, it's a safe match. In this case the cap was obviously stored very well since there are no noticeable moth holes and the overall condition is great. The eagle appears to be aluminum and since aluminum ages well (when stored properly) I'm not surprised to see it still looking bright and shiny.

I also look to see if there are two sets of pin holes; one set where the original eagle sat, and another set where the new eagle is currently seated. I haven't received this cap in hand yet, but once I do that's one thing I'll be looking for.

I've personally never cared much whether or not a cap's insignia is original or replaced, as long as care (and period correctness) was taken when reapplying. The cap itself is the real prize, the eagle is a very minor detail (IMO), unless you're talking about an SS cap or other rare type of insignia. I have another Kepi that was purchased with an SA tunic and breeches set (http://ibuyworldwar2.com/nsdap-sa-po...uniform-tunic/) but it was missing the eagle. I just made sure to use a replacement eagle with the same pin locations and reapplied using the same original pin holes. Looks nice, and I'm happy with it.

Dzyner

Comment

What happened to the pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                What happened to the pictures?
                I see the photos just fine on my end. Maybe try another browser? Anyone else have issue seeing the images?

Comment

Still there for me...Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X