Pz Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pz Visor

Wow, how times have changed. 3 years or so ago this one would have already been sold!! This beauty sat for 3 days at the SOS and is still available on a dealers web site. I already have 4 in my collection or I would go for it myself!! Alex
    Attached Files

Like it or not - this is how it is . . .

As the entire world has come to realize . . . Welcome to "The New Norm" . . .

Comment

Missed the show. What site?

Comment

Originally posted by salt*creek View Post
        Missed the show. What site?
        I believe this was one of Nick's caps, currently for sale at the collectors to collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
          As the entire world has come to realize . . . Welcome to "The New Norm" . . .
          I'd like to see W SS headgear at a sain price.

Comment

Pz Visor

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
            I second that. Also, I believe the cap that started this thread is priced quite fairly - compliments to Mr. Iqbal. Shea would list this for like $2800 and let it sit for 5 years.

Kogy- this was in fact one of NTZs caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Z19 View Post
              Wow, how times have changed. 3 years or so ago this one would have already been sold!! This beauty sat for 3 days at the SOS and is still available on a dealers web site. I already have 4 in my collection or I would go for it myself!! Alex

I agree--pre-recession this was a $2500 hat all day and would have sold at that price.

Kudos to Bob for realizing (unlike many dealers) that times have changed.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi!
                Thanks and it is now sold! I am here to be reasonable and not rob people, no need for that. If I have a high price it is because I like it and don't want it to sell!
                Thanks guys!
                Bob
                www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
                  Hi!
                  Thanks and it is now sold! I am here to be reasonable and not rob people, no need for that. If I have a high price it is because I like it and don't want it to sell!
                  Thanks guys!
                  Bob
                  Bob, sell me a W SS visor your not found of ..

Comment

I have been keeping this one but "might" let it go. I am on a quest for a tank or two!
                    Talk later,
                    Bob
                    Attached Files
                    www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Well, some dealers/sellers seem to believe that visor cap prices are stilling going up, up up. I viewed quite a few very common Luftwaffe Flak & Signals caps at the SOS, and on websites, for $ 700-900, or even more, especially Flak caps.
                      To me, these are $ 500-600 caps, TOPS, less if salty. Around $1,000 or so for a white top is OK, but not approaching that figure for the regular cap.
                      While I'm ranting, it's also aggravating to view the same caps, month, after month, or even over a year, on some dealer websites, along with those marked sold that are not removed for months.
                      I sometimes feel like giving up on TR era caps, and concentrating on Imperial headgear.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

as a new collector it's refreshing to see some fairly priced headgear...
                        if stuff is priced too high, I simply cannot afford to buy it.

I see the prices on some and my head spins.

Comment

Coveted treasure . . .

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
                          Funny . . . I sometimes say the same thing about Luft Generals caps.

Know anyone that might have a few, and would sell for a sanely sum - similar to that of which you have in mind?

If you do, I may know someone that could help you with WSS headgear at an equally sane sum . . .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Will it ever end?

Originally posted by BROBS View Post
                            as a new collector it's refreshing to see some fairly priced headgear...
                            if stuff is priced too high, I simply cannot afford to buy it.

I see the prices on some and my head spins.
                            I'm with you - a decade of out-of-control collector's inflation has really made collecting a drag as of late . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
                              Well, some dealers/sellers seem to believe that visor cap prices are stilling going up, up up. I viewed quite a few very common Luftwaffe Flak & Signals caps at the SOS, and on websites, for $ 700-900, or even more, especially Flak caps.
                              To me, these are $ 500-600 caps, TOPS, less if salty. Around $1,000 or so for a white top is OK, but not approaching that figure for the regular cap.
                              While I'm ranting, it's also aggravating to view the same caps, month, after month, or even over a year, on some dealer websites, along with those marked sold that are not removed for months.
                              I sometimes feel like giving up on TR era caps, and concentrating on Imperial headgear.

Bob Shoaf
                              I agree--there are visors sitting on some dealer's sites that have literally been there for 10 years, with no taking into account the fact that we are still in the midst of "The Great Recession". Some of those visors must have an inch of dust on them by now.

I have also noticed a lot of over-pricing on e-stand for average to slightly above average visors, none of which sell, but keep getting bumped to the top. Heck, when I put I hat up, I put it there to sell, not to have it bounce around like a pinball in a pinball machine....
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X