SS signals crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
    "This hat could very well be original and the liner replaced during the war. They did that, replaced sweatbands and insignia as necessary to keep the stuff in service."

and that is excatly what what happened here in my opinion.

Enlighten me as to where I am leading attacks on Oakleaf. The guy sells what he sells, if there are issues with the items well..... I actually bought an expensive very nice original tunic from him and met him in person. J
    Excellent, then you know what a nice guy he is, not some devious crook out to scew collectors.

Sadly, he does make mistakes. But don't we all?

Tom

Comment

SS crusher

This is going to be a heavy discussion. I can only say that I believe in this crusher but am still in research of the Zacher stamp. Otherwise I would heave send the crusher back allready. I, as well as Jacques, am a long time collector and not a starter in this market. I am sure that every serious collector will have no doubts about this crusher having it in hand. This crusher has definately seen action and it matches inside and outside in detail. At this moment I can say that I have the full adress from the ZACHER C2 stamp, it will only be a moment of time that I will have all pieces together of this intriguing stamp. I am sure the liner is wartime added to the crusher, it shows the same use, sweat and discoloration as the rest of the crusher. A Frankenstein crusher is absolute a different kind of cap to me and this term does not do justice to Jacques' crusher which is the ultimate object of scarce SS relics. I have had contact with as well as PvL as BenVK about sending the crusher to them for a hands on inspection. But I also am aware that even if they both say the crusher is a period piece there still be doubt with several members of this forum. Which is a pitty...
      Last edited by Petrus1; 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM. Reason: Text not correct

Comment

If Ben looks at it and feels its all wartime, I might be inclined to give it a second look...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
          If Ben looks at it and feels its all wartime, I might be inclined to give it a second look...
          This might be a good idea, let's first find out more about ZACHER.
          Thanks for your kind offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Nicolaou View Post
            No expert but can sure point out a cap that has plenty of issues.

Best of luck in moving it!
            I just did a search on your contributions in the cloth headgear forum and there was nothing on visors. Now that is funny, yet you choose to comment on a ss crusher. Now that is really funny. J

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
              I just did a search on your contributions in the cloth headgear forum and there was nothing on visors. Now that is funny, yet you choose to comment on a ss crusher. Now that is really funny. J
              Comments or my number of posts has nothing to do with my credentials. Many advance collectors look but dont comment. If this is what you use in coming to conclusions about your items or any item for that factI wish you the best of luck.

Shall I start a thread on chicken wire helmet you recently sold? If there is anything funny here its that...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Nicolaou View Post
                Comments or my number of posts has nothing to do with my credentials. Many advance collectors look but dont comment. If this is what you use in coming to conclusions about your items or any item for that factI wish you the best of luck.

Shall I start a thread on chicken wire helmet you recently sold? If there is anything funny here its that...
                Are you talking about this one http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=282294 You should ask Bob Iqbal about the helmet I got it from him. What is your problem, you went after Peter on an original ss camo wrap and you got proven wrong there as well. J
                Last edited by jacquesf; 03-07-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I just come back from a well respected militaria collector and dealer over here in The Netherlands. I showed him the crusher and he allmost fell from his chair. Top quality overall, he said, no doubt about it. He'd love to have it in his collection.
                  For me end of the discussion.
                  Last thing I'll do is post my results of the ZACHER stamp. Thanks to you all for your comments.

Comment

That's great that he likes it, and that you do. It looks like a nice cap, and I'm glad you are comfortable with it.

regards, Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X