Last Pith Helmet Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Pith Helmet Eagle

I appreciate those that helped me out with the previous eagles.
    This is my third Luftwaffe Pith helmet and I just wanted to check on the eagle.
    I bought this one at the Great Western a long time ago but thought I'd get it checked. This was the best show in the west until the politicians closed it down.
    Let em know what you guys think.
    JR Fig
    Attached Files

More photos.
    Attached Files

Comment

For some reason it almost looks silver plated. Maybe it’s just the discoloration. Non magnetic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again for any help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone? I have to know.

Comment

It's a good silver plated eagle .., what happened to the prong, it broke off ?

Jos.

Comment

Well, it' like this. I decided I wanted to look at the underneath. Need I say more?
              A question I have is why would a pith helmet eagle be silver plated?
              Jose Figueroa

Comment

Originally posted by tejanofig View Post
                Well, it' like this. I decided I wanted to look at the underneath. Need I say more?
                A question I have is why would a pith helmet eagle be silver plated?
                Jose Figueroa
                Greetings Jose! "I wanted to look at the underneath." Say it isn't so.

Agree with Jos, good eagle.

The silver wash was applied because the base metal is brass. As you know, later examples are aluminum, and finally zinc.

John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Damn shame the pin was broken... I could have told you it was a good one from the outside without pulling it off... The devil is in the detail and this one was a good one. Matt

Comment

I knew about the brass but did not realize about the silver plating.
                    The pin was not soldered on good as it shouldn't have broken off.
                    Knowing this now I would have tried to resolder it but it's long time gone.
                    Thanks all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X