No announcement yet.

Cap Heer: GOOD OR NOT???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Steve Sherlock; 02-04-2013, 11:18 PM. Reason: no need for post
    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

[ATTACH]2453486[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2453487[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2453488[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2453489[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2453490[/ATTACH]

Comment

what do you think about these pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by BaselA View Post
              I think Lenny is referring to possible traces of previously applied insignia, not the angle of the current insignia.
              that's where i was going
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

But for $650 the hat is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                  But for $650 the hat is nice.
                  from egay ? i think i have seen that one.

Comment

insignia appear to be factory applied

Comment

i still like a lot of the little details on the cap insignia is machine sewn as well
                      Attached Files
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Excellent thread folks! I have a question: the non-T-form traps, when did they begin to be utilized? Meaning the solid traps as is on this hat. I was under the impression that the t-form traps, which were a left-over from M42 caps, were primarily used in the beginning for M43 caps, and later as the supply diminished, solid traps began to be utilized. This hat is 1943 dated, and has the non-t-form 'solid trap', and the trap to me appears factory originally sewn, does this therefore indicate that the solid traps began to be utilized as early as 1943? I ask, since folks like Lenny W have wonderful expertise when it comes to M43 caps.

Comment

Last edited by tanker; 02-05-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DKNYC71 View Post
                            Excellent thread folks! I have a question: the non-T-form traps, when did they begin to be utilized? Meaning the solid traps as is on this hat. I was under the impression that the t-form traps, which were a left-over from M42 caps, were primarily used in the beginning for M43 caps, and later as the supply diminished, solid traps began to be utilized. This hat is 1943 dated, and has the non-t-form 'solid trap', and the trap to me appears factory originally sewn, does this therefore indicate that the solid traps began to be utilized as early as 1943? I ask, since folks like Lenny W have wonderful expertise when it comes to M43 caps.
                            Good question that would require its own thread and would be quite an extensive discussion
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=557585
                            Last edited by Lenny W; 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                              Good question that would require its own thread and would be quite an extensive discussion
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=557585
                              Thanks Lenny, that certainly answers my question. That is good to know that the solid traps were manufactured and utilized as early as 1942. Your M42 cap featured in the thread above is VERY nice, congrats!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X