Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Visor Cap Questions

Hello!

I've recently been researching NSDAP uniforms and ranks, but there doesn't seem much information about them other than what the collar tabs look like.

I've seen there is:
    White - Kreisleitung
    Blue - Orstgruppe
    Orange + Yellow + Gilt - Reichsleitung
    Red - Gauleitung

I've seen various threads and research about quite a few NSDAP officers not wearing piping or insignia on their uniforms, however I've also seen photographs of uniforms with different piping, for example a Reichsleitung Visor Cap on ExtraKlasse with golden gilt piping, in original images I've seen Yellow piping and ExtraKlasse also sell one with Orange piping.

Was the Gilt-Gold piping optional for richer members? Or only confined to Gauleiter and Reichsleiter? I can't find much information on what the Uniforms actually looked like as there is scarce photos of NSDAP uniforms, some which are blurry and most are black and white so I cannot distinguish.

Any help on what the regulations were for them? I assume it's much more relaxed than the military.

Thanks!

Reichsleitung wore three shades of piping: a Heer Kav Golden Yellow; a lemon-yellow (worn by the Ordensburgen) and an orange-yellow.
    Plenty of Reichsleiters wore the above.

However, the gold bullion piping appears to have been restricted to Reichsleiters only.

See this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=286074
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Ah I see, thank you! It's rather annoying there is no specific online archive on NSDAP uniforms compared to the vast amounts of information about Wehrmacht and SS insignia.

Initially I thought the gold bullion was only reserved for Adolf Hitler or his pals, but then again Generals got to wear gold so it seemed a bit peculiar how the representatives of the entire Nazi idea were not allowed to look elaborate with gold.

In the thread you sent me, something caught my eye, Franz Schwarz the Treasurer, In one portrait he is wearing an Waffen-SS Obergruppenfuhrer uniform, in photos of him on Google he is wearing an Allgemeine-SS Black Uniform and also ones of him in a Reichsleiter uniform. I know he joined the SS so they gave him an honourary rank but I assumed he wouldn't have been allowed with Allgemeine + Waffen SS + NSDAP Reichsleiter uniforms as it would be either confusing or against regulations? Were their Reichsleiters in the Wehrmacht, SS and Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine aswell? Or was Franz like Goering, a bit of a 'dresser'?

Comment

JoeyLock

In response to your first post of not being able to find photos of uniforms from the NSDAP. I would like to recommend the book by Jeff Clark: " Uniforms of the NSDAP." Jeff captures many wonderful images of uniforms, hats, collar tabs and basically all things related to the NSDAP. Check it out. You will not be disappointed. I believe you can order the book from him directly. While your on his website you can also check out all of his NSDAP items and collections. Good stuff. Enjoy.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X