GJ Visor on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GJ Visor on ebay

Seems pretty hot, but after it hit 900 EU I was out.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/200880278394?...t_14131wt_1202

Looks more Jaeger than Panzer Gren to me. Absurd money.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
      I agree 100% with this statement. Nice looking visor hower.

Comment

Great looking Jaeger cap.

Comment

Good to see excellent photos, all too rare on Ebay. Nice looking cap.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            I also agree. Already at 900 euro and the auction still has 7 days to go. It will be interesting to see what this cap finally sells for.

Mark

Comment

900EU now? A few days befor the end?
              This smells for shure like selfbidding!!

Comment

Originally posted by steiner99 View Post
                900EU now? A few days befor the end?
                This smells for shure like selfbidding!!
                Totally agree! shill bidding sucks!

Comment

This is gotta be a joke! Over 1,300 Euros?

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjäger View Post
                    This is gotta be a joke! Over 1,300 Euros?
                    It's called shill bidding. Probably his wife and friend hitting it up.

Comment

I think this hat has got some bigger issues than its price.

The sweatband in this hat IMO has been resewn meaning it could be an outright replacement. This is obvious in the stitching, but more importnatly at the back where you can see the clean area where the leather was originally laying over it on the inside. It is now sewn reversed (sort of hard to describe here, but I think you get the picture).

The lining has been monkeyed with as you can see the original needle holes in many places. The sweat shield sits too far back, but this can just be attributed to a smaller size hat, but with the lining looking squirlly I'd question whether-or-not it's been relined.

I'm very aware that Negele produced hats during the TR period, but from what I could find it looks like most of their hats were for the civil services. Does anybody remember seeing a hat made by them for the Wehrmacht that we can compare the characteristics of?

I have only seen this type of EM/NCO chinstrap with the hurky square slides on Polizei hats. Has anybody seen these on an Army or Luft hat?

This could be completely off base here, but many years ago Geo Peterson told me that there was a whole cottage industry run by a couple of guys in either Germany or Austria in the late 70s/early 80s that were pumping out caps of exceptional quality in all the rare pipings using all original parts. I'm not talking about reworked SS hats or Altestes etc.. These were specifically Luft Engineer caps, Luft Jager & HG caps, etc.. The one common charcteristic was a very pronounced saddle shape like both his Engineer cap and this PzG cap. As I said, maybe no connection whatsoever, but a little suspicious.

Regardless of what this hat is, I personally feel this is the correct color for the lime-green piping of PzG when encountered on badge cloth. Jager is a much truer green, like the basic green of a green Crayon. I've attached a pic of my unit marked IR 15 hat as a means of comparing the pipings between an "official" Jager hat and the ebay hat. III Btl/IR 15 was designated as a Jager Btl so I trust this color as a true example of what an original Jager farbe should look like (it also matches the green of the Jager/GJ Standard Bearer Shield I have).

I hope the buyer is ultimately happy with their purchase on this piece. I know it would keep me up at night

vr

Bob
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                        I think this hat has got some bigger issues than its price.

The sweatband in this hat IMO has been resewn meaning it could be an outright replacement. This is obvious in the stitching, but more importnatly at the back where you can see the clean area where the leather was originally laying over it on the inside. It is now sewn reversed (sort of hard to describe here, but I think you get the picture).

The lining has been monkeyed with as you can see the original needle holes in many places. The sweat shield sits too far back, but this can just be attributed to a smaller size hat, but with the lining looking squirlly I'd question whether-or-not it's been relined.

I'm very aware that Negele produced hats during the TR period, but from what I could find it looks like most of their hats were for the civil services. Does anybody remember seeing a hat made by them for the Wehrmacht that we can compare the characteristics of?

I have only seen this type of EM/NCO chinstrap with the hurky square slides on Polizei hats. Has anybody seen these on an Army or Luft hat?

This could be completely off base here, but many years ago Geo Peterson told me that there was a whole cottage industry run by a couple of guys in either Germany or Austria in the late 70s/early 80s that were pumping out caps of exceptional quality in all the rare pipings using all original parts. I'm not talking about reworked SS hats or Altestes etc.. These were specifically Luft Engineer caps, Luft Jager & HG caps, etc.. The one common charcteristic was a very pronounced saddle shape like both his Engineer cap and this PzG cap. As I said, maybe no connection whatsoever, but a little suspicious.

Regardless of what this hat is, I personally feel this is the correct color for the lime-green piping of PzG when encountered on badge cloth. Jager is a much truer green, like the basic green of a green Crayon. I've attached a pic of my unit marked IR 15 hat as a means of comparing the pipings between an "official" Jager hat and the ebay hat. III Btl/IR 15 was designated as a Jager Btl so I trust this color as a true example of what an original Jager farbe should look like (it also matches the green of the Jager/GJ Standard Bearer Shield I have).

I hope the buyer is ultimately happy with their purchase on this piece. I know it would keep me up at night

vr

Bob
                        Bob/Waffen, I did not look at this one that hard, but now that I have, I agree with your analysis. I have a feeling we will see both of these hats again in the near future.
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Lets keep the pics:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X