Strange Fireman's (???) Visor Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Fireman's (???) Visor Hat

This one has me baffeled. It appears to have one had holes, in the upper velvet band, for a police eagle, but there is no impression of an eagle being worn. The eagle and roundel appear to have been there forever. The piping is the hot pink-red of fireman's hats.

Could this be a period alteration?

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Bob, could be for a Volunteer fireman who was transferred to Werkschutz (and the factory did not have a standard Werkschutz eagle, so he got stuck with a state eagle instead.)

I just don't think the eagle was on it long enough to cause an imprint, indicating this was a wartime insignia change.

Probably a Pekuro, but can we see the inside?
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Note that some of these firemen have the Police eagle (they are probably professional firemen) while others have FFW tabs and a set-up like Bob's. IMHO, these guys are Werkschutz. The only other explanation would be that FFW men were ordered to wear just a cockade & eagle during the war (but I am unaware of any regs to that effect).
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thank you, Chris. It is probably the largest size hat I have ever had. I will post more photos before it goes off to estand.

Thanks again,
        Bob
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X