Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Pith Helmet

Hi all,

I've just been offered this SS Pith helmet with a bit off weather damage and I think a bit of blood on the inside liner band? This helmet comes form a large collection that I was show 3 years ago when the seller was in the process of buying the collection from the original owner, but it fell through, and didn't happen, but now it has so what do you think a price for this Pith helmet in the condition it is, I have checked the shields with original ones on the Forum, also there is a image showing the pins and they look like never been messed with.

Lou
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

5. Pins look like they have not been messed with
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Any Idea's on what price it would be in this condition?

Comment

Hi Lou

These are a real minefield. Not convinced its an ss tropenhelm or that the shields are original to this helmet. Unless one of these has real provenance, would assume the shields have been added postwar. Most ss did not wear the shields just to make matters more complicated. So some of the parts is the price. The damaged helmet itself is worth around $ 125-150 and add the shields....

Comment

Lou,

Tim is right on with these/this pith helmet. SS piths are a true mine field and one of the reasons I just avoid them all together. Shame about all the damage to the pith itself, looks like water damage. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X