ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artillery officer's crusher visor - Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery officer's crusher visor - Real or Fake?

Here is the COA for it from Detlev Niemann.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fritz x; 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have been looking for an officer's crusher for some time, and finally came across this one for a good price. Unfortunately, the satin lining is missing, but it will still look good on a mannequin. Other than the missing liner, does anyone see any problems with this crusher?

Thanks,
              Ted
              Attached Files

Comment

Ted,

your lid looks like an unissued super late-war original visor cap. I see no problems with it but it certainly is not a crusher but a regular Schirmmütze.

Hope that helps... Kurt

Comment

I'm agree with Kurt. It's a lateware crusher in mint condition.
                  However it's an original cap.

Cheers,
                  steiner99

Comment

If you're looking for a good crusher, I would wait for a true crusher to come along. As stated it's just a late war cap and not a crusher.

Comment

Hi,
                      Its time a new definition was made for these caps.I refere to them as soft tops.
                      Crushers have pliable leather peaks that can be folded in half----Crushed!
                      Cheers

Comment

I am always amazed by the number of plain old visors that pop up without chin cords and they are immediately labeled crushers, and priced as such. Just a pet peeve of mine...

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                          I am always amazed by the number of plain old visors that pop up without chin cords and they are immediately labeled crushers, and priced as such. Just a pet peeve of mine...

Don
                          I heartily agree; "crusher" has to be the most overused and incorrectly used word in headgear collecting. Just about every bloody WWII era cap on Ebay has "crusher" in it's description!
                          Is it ignorance, laziness, deviousness, or all three?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
                            I heartily agree; "crusher" has to be the most overused and incorrectly used word in headgear collecting. Just about every bloody WWII era cap on Ebay has "crusher" in it's description!
                            Is it ignorance, laziness, deviousness, or all three?

Bob Shoaf
                            Well said, Robert - I think it is a combination of all three! IMO a cap MUST have both a flexible visor and flexible pasteboard to warrant the term "crusher." The appearance of the crown is less important. However, especially in the US headgear collecting world, there are collectors who strongly believe that a "crushed" crown alone warrants the term crusher.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X