SS officer hat opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer hat opinions

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics but it was all I had. I was wondering if it is possible to trace the owner of the hat and if anyone had any opinions on authenticity from these quick crappy pics.

Thanks for any help

Pete
    Attached Files

last one sorry for the quick droid cell phone shots...I can get better pics..before i would buy anything
    Attached Files

Comment

Cap looks promising, but need better pictures to say definitively either way.

Comment

Hallo Pete-o MSU

I think that here we have two distinct problems:

- The visor itself, which (according to the pictures that you define as crappy cell phone pics) I really do not like or, rather, I find it impossible to judge (but that's just my opinion); I think it would be also interesting that some experts expressed about the originality or not of the insignias. For what I will say later, it seems clear that a similar piece should be assessed with much more detailed images.

- The attribution to a senior officer, who could be identified (for example, but you have to consider that I am not an expert on this matter) as Stubaf. Dr. Herbert Zimmermann, Kommandeur der Sicherheitspolizei und des SD Bialystok (see the following link, pages 178-179):

http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1349180/1/450113.pdf

Previously he had been in service in Bremen and (but I'm not sure) he had been transferred to Riga and probably involved in the Rumbula's massacre.

It seems to me very obvious that if this were the case, this visor would be a subject of considerable historical interest and, therefore, it would require (in addition to a very high price) a very solid documentary proof of its originality and traceability up to the original owner.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it! I will bring my camera next time and get some better photos! I would definetly want to be 100 percent before I buy something like this

Pete

Comment

The skull has either been replaced OR at best off and and back on again in a slightly different place.

Proper under the hood shots and close-ups of details will of course be required but the chances of it being Virgo Intacta are minimal.

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X