Pith helmet badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pith helmet badge?

Picked this up this afternoon from a Craigslist ad.

Its not technically headgear,but its a nice old cigarette case with what appears to be a pith helmet National emblem?

Can anyone verify my opinion? And perhaps tell me if its an original badge,and MAYBE even some other info on the whole piece?

Im sure its post war or maybe "trench art"..Its been on there a long long time though,based on the green corrosion where the two metals meet.

ANY input appreciated!
    Im sorry if this is the incorrect area for this piece,but I think it WAS part of cloth headgear..
    Attached Files

last pic
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO its a fake shield added to the box to make it look like a DAK item..

Jos.

Comment

Craig's list is a DUMPING GROUND....worse than Ebay (where at least you can get "satisfaction" when screwed!).....and if you'd checked eBay....you'd see several of these and tons of similiar GARBAGE and wouldn't have fallen for this worthless POS.....I hope it was cheap!

I know you said you "had your doubt's".....but, no offense, but really....you have to ask ????? Same catagory as "Skull rings", "U-Boat watches", anything "SS" engraved, "Cigarette cases" with attached "stuff", etc. ..... unless you're grandfather brougt it home assume it's a FAKE!
        This junk is being cranked out of Eastern Europe enmass.....sometimes using "old" base parts....but totally "fabricated" to dupe "the unknowing"....

Keep trying....we all learnt the hard way!
        John G.
        Mainemilitaria

Comment

I went into it knowing the cigarette case was genuine,as I have been collecting them for 15 years. I assumed the worst on the badge,but thought I would ask before tearing it off. I paid $20 which is a good deal for the case alone. I know all about German militaria on Craigslist and eBay,which is why I joined here. Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X