Heer General sidecap, opinons please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer General sidecap, opinons please

Hello all, I want to sell this side cap from Gen.Maj.Fremerey, looks ok for me and I've seen this label from a Dresden taylor before, but what do you think?, I want to be sure before offer it.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

more
    Attached Files

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Nobody can help me?, do you need any additional picture?

Regards
      Eduardo

Comment

Arround 200 visits and no comments ????

Regards
        Eduardo

Comment

Do you think the fold in the lining material would have been there when the hat was manufactured and the tag sewn over it? If the fold in the lining material happened over time or from use,would you not expect to see the fold in the tailors label also?

Do you think a tailor would have used a different color/type of thread to match the color of the white name tag? Or would he simply just use the same thread as used in the hats manufacture when sewing it?

Just a few questions that would put me on the skeptical fence if I were considering such a purchase.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Glenn thanks for your commnets.

To your both questions, why not? In most of private taylor labels sewned in tunics the label was stitched on the lining or inside the pocket before the it was manufactured, and usually with black or white thread, so why not in a cap? For me this is the first cap with a taylor label, so is not usual for sure. Anyway this is only one of the questions, what about the cap its self, any opinion?
            Last edited by km-spain; 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM.

Regards
            Eduardo

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
              Glenn thanks for your commnets.

To your both questions, why not? In most of private taylor labels sewned in tunics the label was stitched on the lining or inside the pocket before the it was manufactured, and usully with black or white thread, so why not in a cap? For me this is the first cap with a taylor label, so is not usual for sure. Anyway this is only one of the questions, what about the cap its self, any opinion?

Yes,why not...That is the problem with private tailor items like this,easy to explain away fakes as original,as it is not the factory mass produced standard so "anything goes"....I tend to gravitate towards the "why" questions first.

The wool seems OK and the lining seems OK but the questions that I asked would be enough for me to pass on it.

Glenn

Comment

OK Glenn I understand your point, but any private purchase tunic is not a standard, each taylor used different fabrics, linings, ... so we never would buy any private purchase piece. For me the question is, without the taylor label this one would be good or not, by its own manufacture, the problem is not the label.

More opinions?
                Last edited by km-spain; 12-27-2012, 01:24 PM.

Regards
                Eduardo

Comment

Hallo km-spain

This is the question of all the pieces of private production, attributed to a prominent person, identifiable by name.

Surely Heinrich Miltenberger was a renowned tailor in Dresden:

http://digital.slub-dresden.de/werka.../667/cache.off

As Max Fremerey is not a stranger (RKT and an highly decorated general), it should be fairly easy to demonstrate the origin of the hat and maybe also to find a picture of it worn by its former owner.

Comment

A shot (unfortunately unclear) of Fremerey, wearing a field cap:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=fremerey

Comment

Not a great one, but this is also supposed to be Fremerey.
                      Attached Files

Comment

For me better and clearer pictures would be nice. There also doesn't seem to be any wear, mothing etc, at least from the pictures provided. Unfortunately excellent reproductions of GO headgear have been around for a while. The Visor collectors are pretty good at identifying fake GO visors. Tailored GO Field Caps without solid provenance generally get mixed reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                          Yes,why not...That is the problem with private tailor items like this,easy to explain away fakes as original,as it is not the factory mass produced standard so "anything goes".....
                          OK Glenn I understand your point, but any private purchase tunic is not a standard, each taylor used different fabrics, linings, ... so we never would buy any private purchase piece.
                          The great "gulf" in this hobby which will never go away.........

Comment

A piece of this importance can not accept a dead end.

From the photos, the fabric and the lining in my opinion are ok.

The gilt attributes actually look quite oxidized and you can also see a slight hint of internal oxidation on the lining from the vent hole.

Therefore, waiting for more detailed photos, I express a vote

Comment

but any private purchase tunic is not a standard, each taylor used different fabrics, linings,

Really,no kidding

If it looked like this but with gold piping I might be more inclined to believe it.

Glenn
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X