X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss off. caps by 'Carl Roth'?

Dear fellow members,

I have had this cap for some while now,
    but still... the cap's producer 'Carl Roth' keeps interesting me.

I wonder if there is any other cap from this maker known out there!
    If anyone has one please feel free to post it up!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Kindest regards from Belgium,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow
          Awesome high peak and all round lovely shape.

Steve

Comment

hi

Hi
            I havent heard of the firm,but anyway the cap look fantastic

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but an RZM stamp on a grey underside visor ?

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                Excuse my ignorance but an RZM stamp on a grey underside visor ?

Ian
                That i dident see and it not looks good

Comment

Originally posted by turbopanzer View Post
                  That i dident see and it not looks good
                  Perhaps period repainted so that left over yellow RZM visors could be used in conjuction with the grey interior ?

Ian

Comment

Perhaps period repainted so that left over yellow RZM visors could be used in conjuction with the grey interior ?

Ian
                    Agree

Comment

Yes, it has an early yellow bill with the rzm visible underneath the grey overpaint,
                      That and the lack of the celluloid shield is exactly what made this cap this interesting to me!

Comment

Ian
                        Interesting theory. I would expect to see some evidence of the original orange paint, either on the edge or by the stitch holes...

Comment

Are you asking for an opinion as to the authenticity of the cap?
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I must start by saying that I am no expert about WSS visors and I admit to not be able to sustain a discussion on them.

That said, on the one hand Kürschnerei Carl ROTH was a confirmed company of Offenburg at least since 1898 and Steinstraße 3 was one of its confirmed addresses. ROTH was also connected in some way to Franz Ritter of Dettingen. In addition, this logo (never seen before, at least by me) doesn't resemble the current fake round ROTH we normally see, often connected to DRGM nr. 1015092 on the sweatband. See post 213:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=4333466

On the other side, in my opinion, this logo and size number are printed in a very crude way and are very suspicious. The insignias also need to be accurately checked but I don't like them.

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                              I must start by saying that I am no expert about WSS visors and I admit to not be able to sustain a discussion on them.

That said, on the one hand Kürschnerei Carl ROTH was a confirmed company of Offenburg at least since 1898 and Steinstraße 3 was one of its confirmed addresses. ROTH was also connected in some way to Franz Ritter of Dettingen. In addition, this logo (never seen before, at least by me) doesn't resemble the current fake round ROTH we normally see, often connected to DRGM nr. 1015092 on the sweatband. See post 213:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=4333466

On the other side, in my opinion, this logo and size number are printed in a very crude way and are very suspicious. The insignias also need to be accurately checked but I don't like them.
                              Thanks for the info Enorepap! Most appreciated!
                              The insignia have been confirmed to be real (M1/167 hicke eagle, and late war assmann skull)
                              I know about the stamping, had me figuring too for a while!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X