Luftwaffe Officer's Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
    & one more thing--wasn't this just sold on the GDC?
    You are correct, sir.

I'm not particularly sure why the current owner wanted it posted for vetting here, as I thought this had sold a couple of weeks ago. It may be due in part to the fact that I told the current owner the same thing Jack mentioned...the eagle had been replaced at some point.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
      You are correct, sir.

I'm not particularly sure why the current owner wanted it posted for vetting here, as I thought this had sold a couple of weeks ago. It may be due in part to the fact that I told the current owner the same thing Jack mentioned...the eagle had been replaced at some point.

J-

If I recall right, wasn't it listed at something like $1500?
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

If I recall right, wasn't it listed at something like $1500?
        Can't recall exactly, but I think it was a shade higher. High teens maybe, as opposed to mid?

J-

Comment

Wow, what a price! Did someone urgently want a "Sperling" for the collection or is it a named cap belonging to someone famous?

Jack

Comment

Can't recall exactly, but I think it was a shade higher. High teens maybe, as opposed to mid?

J-

Ouch--this mint one only went for 900 bucks on Gottlieb's auction:

http://www.cgmauctions.com/detail.asp?id=2156
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Yes good eye Jack !..I totally missed that, I will wear my glasses next time.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHun View Post
                Wow, what a price! Did someone urgently want a "Sperling" for the collection or is it a named cap belonging to someone famous?

Jack
                Jack, I don't think it was named. Just a standard pre-war non-vented Erel with a replaced eagle.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Jack, I don't think it was named. Just a standard pre-war non-vented Erel with a replaced eagle.
                  There was actually a name card in it...Hoess. Always difficult to track on last name only, especially when we don't have a rank.

Comment

There was actually a name card in it...Hoess. Always difficult to track on last name only, especially when we don't have a rank.
                    If you scroll to page 188 of the .pdf file, there is a Hoese listed. (Kind of close)
                    http://www.ww2.dk/Lw%20Offz%20-%20G-...ril%202012.pdf

Comment

I'm afraid it was then not a real bargain - but I hope the new owner loves it anyway...! The first Sperling I have seen so should be something special.

By the way, Thanks for all the kind comments, Jack

Comment

Originally posted by mjfur View Post
                        If you scroll to page 188 of the .pdf file, there is a Hoese listed. (Kind of close)
                        http://www.ww2.dk/Lw%20Offz%20-%20G-...ril%202012.pdf
                        If this were a tunic, I'd feel a mispelled name was more plausible. Not as much for a visor. Keep in mind the officer lists contain about a third of the wartime officers. I would guess this visor belonged to a random junior officer.

J-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X