Kriegsmarine Tropical Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Tropical Cap

I picked this cap up today. The overall appearance and construction are similar to others posted on the forum. The lack of grommets is unusual.

What are your thoughts?

Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 03-20-2020, 12:22 PM. Reason: Outside image hosting

French made paris maker variation with NO vents...normally 2 each side..Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
      French made paris maker variation with NO vents...normally 2 each side..Billbert
      Yup....
      Mark
      New Zealand

Comment

No issues with it. Matt

Comment

I think this one's been on here before,,,,"nice!"

-Ray-

Comment

To me , it looks like the cap eagle has been replaced.

Comment

another just like it: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=608055

nice and salty!

William Kramer
              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by joecool View Post
                Any other opinions about this cap eagle please, recently sewed on or originally sewed on?

Comment

Originally posted by joecool View Post
                  First question to Joe and Glaser is what makes you think that this eagle has been sewn on post war. It appears to be hand sewn as many others were, along with the Kriegs that William owns.
                  Originally posted by glaser View Post
                  Any other opinions about this cap eagle please, recently sewed on or originally sewed on?

Comment

Originally posted by THEPOLIZEIMAN View Post
                    First question to Joe and Glaser is what makes you think that this eagle has been sewn on post war. It appears to be hand sewn as many others were, along with the Kriegs that William owns.
                    Hello Sir

I do not state that the eagle has been sewn on post war, I just don't know and that is why I am asking the question here to our fellow collectors who have more experience in M43 caps than I have. Please don't feel offended, I just want to learn something and I look forward to read other opinions (freedom of mind and speech), that's all.
                    Last edited by glaser; 02-14-2016, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
                      Hello Sir

I do not state that the eagle has been sewn on post war, I just don't know and that is why I am asking the question here to our fellow collectors who have more experience in M43 caps than I have. Please don't fee offended, I just want to learn something and I look forward to read other opinions (freedom of mind and speech), that's all.
                      That's interesting as you used that as a tool to try and get me to sell it to you for $300.00. Which didn't work.

Comment

Nice Chappeau Parisien French trop. I wouldn't fuss about the eagle because sometimes there's no way to tell unless its sewn with 100% poly thread and then maybe. IMO....looks fine. Neat to see one that's been worn a bit.

Robt

Comment

I also agree that this style French Made cap had a myriad of insignia styles and applications used when made...as to your value inquiry in the realigned 2016 market...maybe 500 Dollars..JMHO
                          BILLBERT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X