Hertlein/HPC Hybrid Visor for Review & Comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hertlein/HPC Hybrid Visor for Review & Comment

I have my own opinion, but I would like to hear the opinions of others, pro or con:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Side view:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Not an expert on those but off hand I'd say NO WAY

Comment

Well, if I dare, I must say that I don't get a warm & fuzzy with this cap. The shape itself just doesn't seem " right" to me. Is that a plastic, or cellulose sweatshield?
            Perhaps I'm just so suspicious after seeing so many bad examples, but , at this point, I have real doubts on this one.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I cast a vote for original. Would the repro guys really go for the time and expense of the ventilated cockade system? I think the caps a beauty.

Robt.

Comment

Why are there stains under a perfectly clean sweatband?
                Attached Files

Comment

I personally do not like it at all. It looks like they took the exterior appearance of a tellermutze contract cap, blended it with a private purchase style interior, and threw in a frischluft system. Seems strange to me. I don't recall ever seeing a cap with the frischluft system that is not marked as such at least somewhere on the sweatshield or with "DRGM" and the patent number. I have also never seen that material used around the frischluft grommets before - usually it is a shinier waterproof type material that is often seen in the lining of civil caps.

Comment

OK, I will pipe in now. 100% postwar fake with a lot of effort. Hertlein did not use a frischluft system (& if they did, it would have been patented and advertised). I have yet to see an original Hertlein with the bevo logo.
                    The "ridge" on the visor is characteristic of many postwar fakes, as is the shade of pink on the piping--almost BRD pink.

Good eye on the sweatstains--fake as well.

I have seen other fakes in this series, but not with the sweatband pulled down, so they may have had this bogus frischluft system as well.

Shows the efforts these fakers would go thru back in the 80s and 90s. However, their research was sorely lacking.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Valuable expose'....the cunning buggers are working all the angles. I'd be curious what their margin of profit is on this rather upscale EM cap?

R

Comment

Here we have finally an interesting case to discuss (and not the usual colored SS junk):

- An externally attractive visor;
                        - However, the usual fabric with a very vivid pink piping and with unconvincing chinstrap and peak;
                        - Internally, an immaculate lining with a notoriously false logo applied to a visor normally contract-shaped but in this case of private purchase;
                        - The usual initials (evidently a wealthy and noble soldier ... I forgot ... a noble and wealthy tank crewman!)
                        - A completely abnormal ventilation system for the material used and for its position (do not forget that on the real HPC the ventilation holes are not visible under the cockade!).

Robert certainly raises an interesting question about the fact that someone took the time to create a mythological item (if true ...) without a real increase in the value and in a time when very few could appreciate the difference and fall into the trap of a substantial increase in the price only for this variant and not just because of the pink piping.

Undoubtedly, someone with a lot of imagination and desire to work, a good knowledge of the subject but economically confused

Comment

I have to ask - what color of Waffenfarbe were they going for? I have never seen that shade - pink? Carmine? Violet?

Don

Comment

Well, it went for 715 Euros ($922). Thought it would go higher. Bet it will be re-listed again shortly (after the buyer posts it on some forum and gets referred to this thread).
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I must say: "...poor buyer"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X