Pleats a Telltale sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleats a Telltale sign?

According to our very own Nick (NTZ), "The pleats in a visor no matter how well used should always fold in the same direction". Indeed, all the original visors that I have owned do have the pleats folded in one direction.

I was just wondering, has anybody owned or seen visor caps with pleats folding in different directions (see the following pics) that turned out to be original?
    Attached Files

Under the hood shots of the blousing of the liner are necessary to give any kind of informed opinion. Particularly if this is supposed to be a WSS generals visor.

Comment

Originally posted by Koguryo9 View Post
      I was just wondering, has anybody owned or seen visor caps with pleats folding in different directions (see the following pics) that turned out to be original?
      Sure, most of the time they go in the same direction, but its not a hard and fast rule in my experience! From a manufacturer's perspective, I think they were most concerned with how neat the lining looked above the sweatband and not so much what it looked like under the sweatband. For me, I want to see that the lining has been sitting in its present configuration since manufacture (no empty holes, no refolded pleats etc.), and opposite-facing pleats or messy stitching under the sweatband are less important...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X