Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed

Hello to the visor cap section.
    I would like to ask you guys for your help in giving me your opinion on this one:

I just received this visor cap, bought as an early Coastal Artillery visor cap with maybe some Weimar/ Reichswehr history.
    After some studying I'm thinking it perhaps could be a Stahlhelm Bund visor cap, converted or upgraded to Coastal Artillery.
    I see close similarities with the Stahlhelm visor cap (I've enclosed the last two pictures picked from the net, showing one).
    Since I paid three times as much for this cap as what a Stahlhelm Bund visor cap does, I'm thinking this is perhaps way too much for just a KM eagle & wreath...
    Can some of you help me out and know perhaps more about this converting or upgrading that can put my mind at ease or makes me send this cap back?

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

No one?

Comment

bump...

Comment

It's a Weimar period cap for sure, the lack of a bottom ring of piping confirms it. When the insignia was placed there, who knows but I would suggest that a collector did it to try and pass it off as CA cap.

Comment

Agreed with BenVK, I'd also say the chin cords are not Kriegsmarine, then there is the capband color which indicates Stahlhelm. The capband width would also be an indicator. This one looks awefully narrow.

Kurt

Comment

Thank you guys!
                      That's all I needed to hear. It confirms my thoughts and also the fact one will never know when this conversion was done...

Cheers,
                      Dorus

Comment

Yes, in my opinion a Stahlhelm cap converted to KA.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X